No announcement yet.

Real english tea

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if strawberries were in season, I'd say Eton Mess Cheat?s Eton Mess from Delia Online
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I had afternoon tea with O.H. in a cafe recently & they did lovely little thin finger sandwiches with no crusts with ham, smoked salmon, cucmber & cheese with thin finger slices of various cakes, fruit, lemon drizzle,ginger etc. & scones with jam & cream. You could also do some home made lemonade just in case they hate to drink tea. Sounds very civilised, I can't see any 9 year olds around here sitting down to that kind of picnic.
      Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Originally posted by tootles View Post
        Yes, by 'proper' I mean posh.
        I need to inject some English culture into the little French savages!!!!

!
        9 year old kids??? May your God walk with you!
        WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

If you are doing the scones-with-cream it has to be proper 'West Country' CLOTTED cream. Can you get that where you are? Definitely need trifle, sandwiches in as many varieties as you can manage (compromise between the fancy-posh, and child-filling styles, cut crusts off, but don't cut them too small or thin), 'real' lemonade as well as tea (earl grey? I can't stand it, but it is proper posh).
          Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Originally posted by FionaH View Post
            9 year old kids??? May your God walk with you!
            I'm with you on that one Fiona

Besides, the little monsters would probably prefer McD... Mc... M...yeuch - you know what I mean LOL
            Last edited by Glutton4...; 02-04-2009, 06:35 PM.
            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Clotted cream ? You cant even get NORMAL cream ...only creme fraiche and UHT stuff ...its aa right b*g**r trying to make ice cream...best of luck tootles!!!!!!
              http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...gs/jardiniere/

Comment

Originally posted by Jardiniere View Post
                Clotted cream ? You cant even get NORMAL cream ...only creme fraiche and UHT stuff ...its aa right b*g**r trying to make ice cream...best of luck tootles!!!!!!
                That is what I suspected, which is why I asked.........

Many years ago I came across an old machine which my Mum told me was a 'cream maker'. It squished unsalted butter and fresh milk together to make a good imitation of double cream....... Which is fine if you can get fresh milk, and if you can find the machine.....
                Pasteurised milk is becoming available in supermarkets in Spain, fortunately, because I can't stand the UHT stuff except for uses where it gets boiled (and even then it is merely 'tolerable').....
                Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

A nice bottle of red wine for yourself to keep you calm!!
                  The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                  Brian Clough

Comment

Yo BW, you're on my wavelength...
                    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X