Would you eat a garden snail??

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, no no no no no nooooooo!
    I would have to be literally on the brink of starvation before I could even contemplate it!

Comment

I feel ill just reading this thread

Comment

I've eaten them in France but they were nothing special - really depends on the garlic and butter for flavour.
        I wouldn't go to the bother of cooking them myself. Nothing against them as food - just not worth the bother.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

I have had them too, not the garden variety. They taste like rubber in garlic, seriously overated imho
          WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Originally posted by AnnetteJ View Post
            I prefer McDonald's myself!!! Can't say snails have ever appealed to me!
            What a choice - McDonalds or snails. I'll pass on both - the thought of eating either makes my stomach start heaving!!
            Gardening is a matter of your enthusiasm holding up until your back gets used to it.

Comment

I'd have to be very hungry

Comment

I have eaten them.... and I would choose them over a McDonald's....As Alice says... They are just a vehicle for garlic butter and parsley really. I used to quite like them but haven't eaten them in years.

Can't see what all this fuss is about...not really that 'bush tucker' is it?....on the other hand a nice spoonful of raw snail caviar.....wytchetty grub anyone?....Mmnn...nice chaffer grub?

Heston Blumenthal on snails as foodstuff and our preconceptions | Life and style | The Guardian

Comment

Had an elderly lady in village when I was a kiddy. She was French and loved eating her garden snails - yuck!

Comment

I'll eat most things as long as they stay still long enough on my plate, but having tried snails once I can say I won't be trying them again.

Made me laugh when the dude said it was like eating cockles.

Not sure where he's getting his cockles from.
                    A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Yeuch, I watched them do this with garden snails on a show in the afternoon I think it was called 'Market Garden' or something, on in the afternoons. I was ill in bed at the time & boy did I feel worse after watching that!
                      Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

I will continue feeding them to the chickens and ducks..... yuck!!

Comment

Originally posted by selfraising View Post
                          Yukkk Were they garden snails? You're a braver person than me!!
                          YUP regular garden snails lol
                          Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

Originally posted by Gwyndy View Post
                            What a choice - McDonalds or snails. I'll pass on both - the thought of eating either makes my stomach start heaving!!
                            Yup, I'm with you on that one!
                            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!
                              I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Comment

OH bought some once when we were on holiday in France, like most people say, it's the garlic butter that gives flavour, and I didn't like the texture. I haven't got any snails, plenty of slugs have found their way to the garden since the house was built, but no snails yet. (Hmm, are slugs poisonous?)
                                If we liked them, I suppose it wouldn't matter that they are the garden variety, but as we don't,
                                I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
                                Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X