No announcement yet.

Okay... Losing my Sense of Humour Now?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last time we moved and did the whole house hunting/mortgage business with a deadline from our then landlord looming to have us leave his place, I got an arrhythmic (sp?) heartbeat... bah!

I hope you get your move sorted out soon!
    Last edited by tiachica; 27-03-2009, 09:36 AM.
    http://onegardenersadventures.blogspot.com/ updated 10-03-2010 with homebrew pics & allotment pics

Comment

Wellie, hi there, just back from A&E.

There I was sitting peacefully in my lounge when I was hit on the back of the neck by a toy hedgehog wearing a gingham victorian dress, mob cap and apron, clutching a flatiron.

Next time please throw something a LITTLE softer in my direction.

Best wishes, Rabbit.
      Always thank people who have helped you immediately, as they may not be around to thank later.
      Visit my blog at http://podsplot.blogspot.com/ - Updated 18th October 2009
      I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/

Comment

Come on Wellie, start visualising things as you want them to be, feel the joy and send it out to the universe. Try not to get stressed hun (I know, easier said than done) it'll only compound the problem. Stay the positive soul you are.x
        Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

Wellie, if you need to throw toys (and it sounds like you have darned good reason to throw them too) - make sure they are good and heavy and aimed straight at the solicitor!!!

Good luck getting it all sorted out.

Peter - take care of that bump on the head now
          Happy Gardening,
          Shirley

Comment

*Gulp* I know you said DON'T read if your selling your house, but obv I did. Oh well, fingers crossed. We've done all we can - waiting for exchange and completion, hopefully, barring any problems.

Doesn't sound like your estate agent hasn't been entirely transparent with you, but a bit baffling why not? Maybe they think a cash buyer is the better option? Goodness knows. Good luck with the rest of the process. Hope you're having a nice calming cup of tea, and feeling better this morning. Then you must go and gather those toys and put them back where they belong! x
            I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

Where's the Zen Master when you need him????

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                We used the solicitors attached to the vendor's estate agents as we wanted a quick exchange...........we had nothing to sell............how wrong we were.
                I did the same, years ago, when I bought my flat. Ha! I viewed the property at the start of October (no chain) and they said I would be in by Christmas. In the middle of February I ended up phoning both the Solicitor and the Estate Agent and pulling out of the purchase - that upset them, and I moved in at the start of March!

Fingers crossed for you. Throw as many teddies as you want .
                Last edited by Glutton4...; 27-03-2009, 10:38 AM.
                All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

hi can i help Wellie!!!

I was a legal sec/PA in Conveyancing for 10 plus years and that is what i did day in and day out! you are right about the exchange and everyone in the chain exchanges at the same time, this has to happen, whether you have signed or not is irrelevant until the exchange phone has been made then nothing is tied up, so thats ok!

but i know the stresses caused been on the other end of the phone. If you want to know anything at just ask me, in fact being a PA was the wrong word really, i did all the solicitors job and he just signed the cheques lol!!

Good luck, and anything you want to know just ask me xx out cash only purchased went through in 6 weeks, this was because of the searches to be made etc, they can still take 4 weeks for a local search xx

Comment

Thankfully, we didn't use Estate Agents to buy our house. Just as well, as I nearly drove a lorry through the windows of the solicitor as it was!

Comment

I'm not moving again.

Is your Biodynamic friend related to Lee Majors?
                      A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Oh Jings Wellie. Moving house is very stressful and always a big hassle. But it does always all get sorted out and life gets back on an even keel. Hope it all goes well for you.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
                          I'm not moving again.

Is your Biodynamic friend related to Lee Majors?

Oh I used tp fancy him. Must have been the tight jeans, lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                            Even so, on the day of the move the Vendors still didn't have the keys to their new house as we turned up with all our stuff in a van! We had to unload into the garden ... the Vendors hadn't even finished packing.
                            When we moved here 3 years ago, the vendors were still packing their van as well...

In fact, our guys were taking things in through the front door, and the vendor's stuff was being removed through the back door

We'd had all sorts of trouble with solicitors and estate agents, and found ourselves making daily phone calls to chase things, when we shouldn't have had to do anything at all. To top it off, the vendor's solicitor went on holiday when we were close to exchanging, and hadn't handed anything over in his absence. We actually went round to their offices to help the 'locum' solicitor deal with stuff so we could move house!!

Comment

NEVER, EVER leave it all to estate agents and solicitors. Take an interest, and make sure they know you are taking an interest. If the solicitor or estate agent is having an off day, the fact that you are watching closely will mean it is some other poor so-and-so whose sale/purchase has a rocky time.
                              Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

All my good thoughts are with anyone trying to buy or sell a house - not just now but at any time. There are so may dipsticks and divs around you need to keep ringing them up and checking! We bought our house nearly 10 years ago. We were due to exchange contracts on the Friday and move on the Monday - all had vans booked etc. On the Friday afternoon I just rang our solicitor to check all was well. It wasn't. The bloke dealing with us had just gone on holiday and the head of the firm had taken over. He was digging his heels in because of a power line clipping the end of our garden. It takes power to the cottage next door and goes over the far corner of our plot. He was telling me that he'd got so many years of experience etc and it was more than his job was worth to let an underground power source go without confirmation that it was all properly insulated etc. I pointed out it was 30 ft up in the air on a pole and I'd personally seen it! He blustered a bit, I pointed out that he had that information and had sent me a copy. He backed down and all went through. If I'd not bothered to chek up we wouldn't have moved that day. None of us!

Best of luck Wellie dear - and all the choclate in the world will not make it better - just have a tantrum - I would!
                                Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X