No announcement yet.

Watercolour painting anyone?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooh! They're all fabulous! Whilst I really want to have a go at watercolours, I get carried away by sketching, instead. Here's a sampling of mine...
    Leith Hill Tower (North side), near Dorking.

3rd angle Orthographic Projection of a 1943 AEC Matador

A random cat I drew for a Valentine's card...

Not Two Sheds' standards, but passable for a scientist!

Comment

i sometimes do sketching / tech drawing stuff, similar to sluglobber's stuff - but was never brilliant - my grandad taught me to draw buses and cars and things when i was a kid - and my mother still has some cartoons i drew many years ago ....

my son wants to do oil painting - he's seen a bloke on the telly who knocks out "landscape" oil paintings in half an hour - the bloke has BIG hair and he doesn't muck about with the painting, just cracks on with it, makes it look sooooo easy ....
      http://MeAndMyVeggies.blogspot.com

Comment

I'm envious of anyone who can do technical drawing ... it's all so neat and precise! Great pics people, keep them coming
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

My sister's hobby is drawing (mostly in artist coloured pencil, usually wildlife and pet portraits) and now takes commissions - here's one of mum's dog.
          Clever b*gger ain't she?!
          Attached Files

Comment

WOW! wish I could draw and paint your all so talented!

Comment

WOW! you are all SO talented! I can't even draw a straight line with a ruler! I'm very envious of everyone who has this kind of talent.
              Hazel - does your sister take commissions? If so, how much does she charge? I'd love a picture of Dexter, and come to think of it, Ramsey and Crosby the cats as well. PM me. Thanks!
              Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Great stuff there people. Now I have no talent and no technique but enjoy dabbling in the pretty colours and the only thing that matters is that I enjoy doing it. So if you fancy the idea, get your paints and brushes out. And nobody needs to feel shy to post their stuff now. Come on - let's see it.

Attached Files

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

They're lovely Alice!

Comment

For sure, none of my sad efforts are going to be posted after the above!

My dad has done some fabulous technical drawings, alot of inside cathedrals which I want framed - they made me feel pretty rubbish!

I prefer oil or water colour but always seem to be a bit heavy handed for water colour. I may not be able to do but can appreciate others. Maybe it skips a generation - my son is quite good but his dad is very mediocre despite doing art (and passing...?) at A level.

All the above are better than I could do but really really love 'wind in the willows'

Comment

I started classes in september to try and get out and help combat depression,but def not good enough to post anything!Good web site for art is deviantART: where ART meets application!.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                        I join photography courses just for the fun of using a darkroom. Sad innit??
                        nope. i'd do the exact same if they hadn't go rid of local adult ed. darkroom a month before i moved here

Comment

Crumbs you are a talented lot! I havent been painting for long but this is what I have managed so far.
                          Attached Files
                          WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

I really like that Fiona - it's got 'something.' Really nice.
                            I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

Cant draw for toffee's, match stick men is about my limit. FIL is an artist and OH is an architectural technichian. daughter says she cant draw but she can.
                              Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                              and ends with backache

Comment

Thanks ..
                                WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X