No announcement yet.

Time Team

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you got a local archaeological society, they might go on digs?
    AKA Angie

Comment

Originally posted by selfraising View Post
      I know that one!* Found quite a few ancient socks last time but unable to date them!
      Is that all socks no dvds , videos ,crisp packets and disapearing glasses got the hat ,tee shirt and going through it again yeah they cant understand how i know
      no disrespect for people into archaelogy
      Last edited by tricky; 18-03-2009, 08:44 PM.
      Take photographs today because tommorow you might not have

Together everyone achieves more

Comment

Originally posted by FionaH View Post
        Get in touch with Reading University Arch Dept. They have a greenfield site Roman town which they excavate each summer, it is compulsory for the students but I believe they take volenteers as well! You get to stay for a week in a tent though!
        It is an amazing place though, it's not free. Keen amateurs from around the world go, but the majority are the Reading Uni students. On a practical level, take your own tent, food provided, there are portaloos on site and you can get a minibus to Aldermaston to use the showers in their sports facility. DD went twice - loved every moment!
        Life is too short for drama & petty things!
        So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

I don't know how far you are from Lancs Uni, but their continuing ed dept do courses

Archaeology
          To see a world in a grain of sand
          And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Originally posted by Comfreyfan View Post
            It is an amazing place though, it's not free. Keen amateurs from around the world go, but the majority are the Reading Uni students. On a practical level, take your own tent, food provided, there are portaloos on site and you can get a minibus to Aldermaston to use the showers in their sports facility. DD went twice - loved every moment!
            I would love to hear more, Eldest son is going to Reading Uni in October to do arch
            WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X