Mowing your lawn yet????

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sharonr View Post
    That`s my lawn too. In the winter it`s to wet to go out scooping. I started going out last week to remove offending items. Might get out and mow the lawn next weekend.

We used to be like that with our old dog,, bless him,, we used to wait untill the business resembles cotton wall balls, then pick it all up in one hit.

Comment

i covered our lawn with round-up. so insted of mowing I have given it a death sentence.

(we are getting it levelled and completely re-turfed)
      Kernow rag nevra

Some people feel the rain, others just get wet.
      Bob Dylan

Comment

Originally posted by kernowyon View Post
        i covered our lawn with round-up. so insted of mowing I have given it a death sentence.

(we are getting it levelled and completely re-turfed)
        That sound like a good idea.......
        I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Comment

Mine's in a right state for the first time ever. Very patchy, lots of beige - very shameful. Combination of leaves being left on too long, and snow covering for a few weeks (quite sheltered so didn't melt as quick as I'd of liked).

Needs scarifying, aerating and perhaps re-seeding in places.

Certianly doesn't need mowing yet - the grass that's there isn't anywhere near long enough yet.
          A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Nicos, if the meteo for the early part of next week is anything to go by, I'll be out cutting first time this year.

Just bought a new super duper driven - not ride on - mower which we can get up and down the terraces and will be supplemented by the strimmer I've used for the past 3.5 years (lawnmower was reduced in Leclerc's Promo).
            TonyF, Dordogne 24220

Comment

Havent got any lawn at all!!!!!
              http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...gs/jardiniere/

Comment

yes... OH did it last weekend.
                pjh75

We sow the seed, nature grows the seed, we eat the seed. (Neil, The Young Ones)

http://producebypaula.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by selfraising View Post
                  I'm afraid I've got no lawn left to mow, all taken over by raised beds for veg!!
                  Its true, not a blade of grass any where!

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
                  Mine's in a right state for the first time ever. Very patchy, lots of beige - very shameful. Combination of leaves being left on too long, and snow covering for a few weeks (quite sheltered so didn't melt as quick as I'd of liked).

Needs scarifying, aerating and perhaps re-seeding in places.

Certianly doesn't need mowing yet - the grass that's there isn't anywhere near long enough yet.
                  HW now you have little un you wont have a decent lawn for years!
                  WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Next-door but one did his about a month ago!

The Chooks are eating ours, and I keep moving the leccy fence so they can keep on top of it
                    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Mowed mine for the 1st time this year today, appears to have been replaced with moss though.!!
                      Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Planning on doing mine tommorrow afternoon. Its started to grow and the weather has been so nice, Im hoping its dried out. Once cut it needs reseeding in places so will do that as well as I picked up some cheap grassseed with microclover in it. Whatever microclover is when its at home?
                        http://herbie-veggiepatch.blogspot.com

Updated 23rd February 2009

Comment

Our ground is still too wet according to Mr OWG. He went and fired up the petrol-driven-ride-on-lawnmower, and had a go with the blades on the highest setting, but still too wet

I can't wait for the grass to start growing properly - our lawn and field look like someone has been riding quad bikes on it - of course it's the dogs who have done it!!
                          Last edited by OverWyreGrower; 15-03-2009, 07:10 AM.

Comment

We have three little feathered lawnmowers who keep the grass under reasonable control (the lawn is only about 3m x 4m). I sold our lawnmower, and the battery-powered strimmer is usually only needed at the lottie...

Comment

My guinea pigs keep the lawn trimmed all year round in a moveable pen/ark.

I did my first proper cut with the lawnmower last weekend, to even it all up a bit.
                              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by FionaH View Post
                                HW now you have little un you wont have a decent lawn for years!
                                too true ..... my son did ask why we can't have a nice garden like everyone else, then realised he had 7 of his mates playing footy in the garden with him .....
                                http://MeAndMyVeggies.blogspot.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X