No announcement yet.

Would this annoy you?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its been moved further back today, last night when i posted the picture it was two white vans parked bumper to bumper, i know all about the legallity of it not being my road etc... and that isnt what concerns me its just the lack of consideration that annoyed me, if the road was full and he had no where else but like i previously mentioned the whole road was empty as was the road opposite (which has no houses on it) and there is a carpark next door to his house, the van isnt actually my neighbours its his mates! I think he may of gotten the message as i was parked so close to his bumper that you couldnt of gottenan envelope through the gap!
    Life isnt about surviving the storm.....But learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

Theres a big white van parked outside my house too, a mercedes mind, not a Ford transit - it belongs to the OH

Comment

Originally posted by rogesse View Post
        Theres a big white van parked outside my house too, a mercedes mind, not a Ford transit - it belongs to the OH
        I often have a Police Land-Rover parked outside my house!!

I mean, just what is that doing to my street cred - the neighbours will never talk to me!!
        aka
        Suzie

Comment

Our neighbour has a similar white van...sometimes parked on the road,sometimes in our shared drive...meaning we struggle to get out of the passenger side!...Does it annoy us???...life is far too short & there's always the drivers side to get out of!!!...I'd rather have neighbours we get on with than start a niggly atmosphere over something that really has no major negative effect on our lives!
          the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

There may be no other cars on the road when you get home, but there may have been when they parked.
            This would not anoy me at all if the rest of the street was clear. As long as I could find somewhere to park there would be no problem, and I can't really see why anyone would have a problem.

Our last house we had shocking neighbours, so in my mind there is far worse than they could do.

We had a private road in front of our house (the part outside our house owned by US), where it ended. There was a right of way for a shop who had doors at the end, but only ever used it to bring their bin out. There were also 3 housing association houses who's small yards backed onto it. They did not have a right of way across it.
            We had an untaxed car left on OUR privatly owned road, by one of the houses, who refused to move it, and we had the shop complaining at us for it being on our land.

A second neighbour put a swimming pool half a metre from our front door, on our property, when FIL was staying with us with a broken leg. We ended up with the police coming out as they were blocking emergency access, and it still took the housing association telling them they would be evicted for them to move it. They just could not see that if the postman/ bin man/ random child, hurt themselves on OUR propperty it would be us they sued for not making sure it was safe.
            Then there was the stolen motor bike dumped in front of our garage, and police swarming all over it.
            And the pool neighbour kept parking her car blocking the road so that you could not get your bin out, shopping in, once hubbie had to climb over the car as there was that little space, and blocking the only emergency access.

We once had to call an ambulance, who could not get down the street. At that point it gets REALLY anoying. Speaking nicely to these people did not work. They didn't work and seemed to have nothing to fill their days with other than trying to upset us. It was very hard for hubbie not to rise to it, but we would not give them the satisfaction. Thank God we never had to call the fire brigade, as she used to go to the pub leaving her car there (blocking the road 3 car lengths away from our house).

So a van parked legally on a street not even near enough to block out light really is a tiny thing. Even if you did move, you always face the risk of moving near someone who does something to anoy you.

We are SO lucky where we live now, we have great neighbours. But then we moved to Oz so exactly for the reason that we did not want to be on top of our neighbours. A bit extreme maybe, but our neighbours really were bad.

Comment

Originally posted by blue411 View Post
              Its been moved further back today, last night when i posted the picture it was two white vans parked bumper to bumper, i know all about the legallity of it not being my road etc... and that isnt what concerns me its just the lack of consideration that annoyed me, if the road was full and he had no where else but like i previously mentioned the whole road was empty as was the road opposite (which has no houses on it) and there is a carpark next door to his house, the van isnt actually my neighbours its his mates! I think he may of gotten the message as i was parked so close to his bumper that you couldnt of gottenan envelope through the gap!
              It's possible the road was not full when the owner originally parked the van. Personally the look would not bother me either. I would only be concerned if it was blocking access to emergency services. However, my OH tells me that fire engines will now just plough their way through! Not sure how true that is as the possible damage they would cause to their rig would be expensive.

Comment

dear oh dear , im sure theres more improtant things to worry about in this life than just a van parking outside ur house lol

At the end of the day it can park any where it likes within law as thy pay ROAD TAX
                http://newplot.blogspot.com/

rain rain go away (2009)

rain rain rain (2010)

Comment

Originally posted by roadkill View Post
                  dear oh dear , im sure theres more improtant things to worry about in this life than just a van parking outside ur house lol

At the end of the day it can park any where it likes within law as thy pay ROAD TAX
                  Lots of us have vans, cars legal or otherwise parked outside our homes, its just a fact of life, people don't care about other's as long as they're alright jack.
                  I agree with Roadkill, there are so many more important things in life to get in a strop about and the original posting asked if it would bother you just looking at it, no is the answer to that one.

Gardening should always be a pleasure and never a chore,only someone forgot to tell the weeds

"If you don't have a plan, a goal for yourself, then you are almost certainly a part of someone else's"

"The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dream is you"

Comment

No strop, just a pet hate like i did mention right at the beginning of the thread, i dont not get on with my neighbours, just miffed at the lack of consideration on there half that they let all their mates park all over the street and outside other people homes but not outside their own, it hasnt taken over my life and i havent installed cctv, and i know there are worse things out there, i was just asking if it would bother some folks, and to some it would and to others it wouldnt
                    Life isnt about surviving the storm.....But learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X