Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Didn't We Have A Lovely Day The Day We Went To Wisley!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crikes Glutton, you sure you ain't my sister
    Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Lovely pics! My mum looks like she's having fun.
      Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post
        Seeing the title of this thread reminded me of this song
        YouTube - Day Trip to Bangor - Fiddler's Dram
        Thats what it was meant to do! lol As I was typing it out, that Bangor song came in my head! It just sort of happened that way!

By the way, in the big pic, yes thats me, I am the one sitting next to redthorn who is in the grey and red jacket, I am on the right as you look at the pic trying to hide as I don't like my picture taken lol
        Last edited by Irie Jan; 09-03-2009, 09:36 AM.
        Live like you never lived before!

Laugh Like you never laughed before!

Love like you never loved before!

One Love & Unity

http://iriejans.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post
          Seeing the title of this thread reminded me of this song
          YouTube - Day Trip to Bangor - Fiddler's Dram

I'd thought of the Bangor song as well, when I saw the thread.

Bubblewrap, I've just clicked on and listened to it, for the first time in years - you had me crying (happy memory tears) - thanks.
          My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

So glad you all had a lovely time - hope to join you on the next meet there as its not too far from my parents.

Hashette and Glutton - could we have a copy of the pics posted onto the facebook group - you can then tag people if they dont mind?
            Last edited by Finedon.Dandy; 09-03-2009, 12:14 PM.
            Tammy x x x x
            Fine and Dandy but busy as always

God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done

Stay at home Mum (and proud of it) to Bluebelle(8), Bashfull Bill(6) and twincesses Pea & Pod (2)!!!!

Comment

Alas, my day was not so good. I'd remembered seeing the Wisley sign, but on Saturday morning, I asked OH how long he thought it would take to get there.

"Oh it's much further South than Guildford, he said"...

So, I set off at 09:30, with the plan to call into Attlees in Dorking for Cat Fud.
              Got to Attlees, parked up and reached for my card and realised that I'd left the sodding thing in my other jacket, worn the night before. I only had about £3 in my purse!

So, off I trundled home again. Got the card and realised on way back out that my lunch was still sat on the side! So, I picked that up, too and set off again. By this point it was just after 10.

Got to A3 via A25 and Guildford, fine...noticed no sign for Wisley on Southbound A3, but since OH said it was much further...

...anyway, I had more doubts the more miles I did and went through two carppy sets of major roadworks before deciding to turn back round at Hindhead. By this point, I had a headache, it was 11: 15and I was wondering how best I could murder my OH.

Going North on the A3 I got to Wisley about 11:45 (those roadworks again) and cars were queueing down the A3, beyond the Wisley 1m signs. I'm afraid I gave up, then, folks. I carried on to M25 and back home that way, calling in on OH to give him an earful before going to hug a pony or two! I was too tired to even ride, by then, having not slept the night before, either!

The moral of the story is NEVER trust your OH. You'd think, living 30 mins from Guildford for 37 years, he'd KNOW the area, but alas, no...

You look like you all had a fabulous time, though! Maybe next time! At least I know for definite where it is, now...

Comment

Aww Sluglobber. I'm sory you had a bad day! There will be other times, I think a few of us were keen to meet up againe, perhaps in the summer! I know I would love to do it again, there are others that could not make it so we need to give them another chance as well! Hope you have a good week! {{hugs}}

One Love & Unity

Comment

It was a shame you didn't make it Sluglobber, I felt so sorry when I got your text. It's even worse for you that you set out to come, I know the feeling when something you look forward to goes pear shaped. BUT the summer is coming, and there will be more to see in the veg beds next time, there will be fruit on the trees too, and loads of flowers. We will be going again, and we'll make sure the date suits you
                  I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
                  Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

I am so glad you all had a lovely time
                    I am so SAD that I was unable to go,

Please can we do another Wisley meet up in the summer? Please please please???

The photo is lovely, who is who please.

Comment

So many people have suggested a summer meet, do we want to start planning now? With fitting in around holiday dates, it could be an interesting task
                      I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
                      Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

I would think that in a couple of months, sort of mid-May, would be a good time to visit. Lots in bloom and the vegetable sections should be filled in a bit more by then too.

Comment

I'm certainly up for that! I'll bring OH and dump him in a cactus pot, tee hee hee! Love him really, honest.

Comment

(Holding hand up, high as I can) Please Miss Balrey Sugar! Can we do it againe please! lol

One Love & Unity

Comment

Originally posted by SlugLobber View Post
                              I'm certainly up for that! I'll bring OH and dump him in a cactus pot, tee hee hee! Love him really, honest.
                              Hi Sluglober! There is a fat round cactus in the glass house call mother inlaws cushion, Tee hee hee just right for your OH, LOL

One Love & Unity

Comment

count me in for the next meet - mid-may is good with me
                                http://MeAndMyVeggies.blogspot.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X