No announcement yet.

Monty Halls' Great Escape BBC2 9pm

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I watched it, thought it was a bit twee and predictable, or perhaps that's just me being cynical
    Speaking of which, a few years ago a friend said 'I couldn't go and live in the Highlands; I haven't got a degree.'
    I also noticed that there didn't seem to be too many Scottish accents either

Comment

I believe the natives of Applecross nearly all moved out a few decades ago. They didn't want the lifestyle of their ancestors, and couldn't afford anything else while staying put, so they left to get well paid work.......... Much the same thing has happened on SOME of the islands within Orkney, especially the one we lived on. Of some 30 people, the only Orcadians were a young couple who worked for the biggest landowner (Irish) and one man who still owned the farm his parents had worked.
      Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Really liked it but..... its not very informative as to HOW he lives ie....water supply for cottage, 'bathroom facilities, light in the cottage, where/how does he sleep? etc
        Lots of "wow how lucky am I" statements
        We never see to get a good look inside the cottage. Still all that said, it IS a lovely program and will be watched by me each week.
        Guess at the shows end it will be up for holiday let at mega bucks rates ?????

Comment

Originally posted by Headfry View Post
          Really liked it but..... its not very informative as to HOW he lives ie....water supply for cottage, 'bathroom facilities, light in the cottage, where/how does he sleep? etc
          Lots of "wow how lucky am I" statements
          We never see to get a good look inside the cottage. Still all that said, it IS a lovely program and will be watched by me each week.
          Guess at the shows end it will be up for holiday let at mega bucks rates ?????
          I think he was only just moving in before that episode closed. The water supply will probably be brought in or the 'seep' he was digging out (probably bought bottles for drinking and the seep for other uses). Bathroom facilities would be the sea for bathing (he went for a swim after not having showered for 3 days) and most likely a composting loo. The rest will be 'added' as he goes along.
          I doubt it will be up for letting unless they install some pretty sophisticated systems.
          Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X