No announcement yet.

Wow! Amazing Blast from the Past

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had nearly all the 'Well Loved Tales'. My favourite was Beauty and the Beast, I always thought the Beast was lovelier before he turned into the Handsome Prince though!

Thanks for posting the link Sarah, I feel all nostalgic now
    I was feeling part of the scenery
    I walked right out of the machinery
    My heart going boom boom boom
    "Hey" he said "Grab your things
    I've come to take you home."

Comment

I loved the 4 musicians, the giant turnip, Little red hen, and the old woman and her pig (well lots of them actually, but those were extra special).
      Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

We inherited the Well Loved Tales from my cousin when we were kids and I've collected a new set for our little ones as I think they're the most beautiful books. I adored the illustrations of the princesses when I was little. Cinderella and the Sleeping Beauty were my benchmark of beauty with their lovely gowns and hair! My favourites were the two mentioned, and Beauty and the Beast.

I've also collected Hilda Boswell's illustrations of Robert Lewis Stevenson poems - they're lovely too.
        I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

Wow what a lovely reminder of our youth, my kids didnt believe half the stories i read, although i did tend to feel slightly old lol
          Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

Wahey! My son and daughter had loads of these. My daughter loved Bunnikin's Picnic Party - it must have been written by William McGonegal! Awful poetry but she adored it and never got sick of asking for it!
            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by andi&di View Post
              My absolute favourite ever is the first listed...Ned The Lonely Donkey....for years I'd been trying to track down a copy & the bestest thing about getting the computer was that I could search Ebay...instead of asking every human I knew with a computer....Lost the first bid as it went for nearly £10,but a couple of weeks later & it was mine just for a couple!!
              I nearly cried the first time I reread it!!
              OMG! ME too I love that book so much. Copys I've seen ebay always way to expensive but I would love a copy for my kids, well ok , for me!!!
              Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

Although Ladybird closed their print works in Loughborourgh 9 or 10 years ago the buildings are still there close the Great Central Railway station.
                Last edited by bubblewrap; 01-03-2009, 04:50 PM.
                The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                Brian Clough

Comment

What a reminder of the past. I have a lot of those in the attic.
                  Guess where I will be going tomorrow.
                  Had completely forgotten about them and I with 4 grandkids to read them.
                  Can't wait to get them and see which ones I still have.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bramble View Post
                    What a reminder of the past. I have a lot of those in the attic.
                    Guess where I will be going tomorrow.
                    Had completely forgotten about them and I with 4 grandkids to read them.
                    Can't wait to get them and see which ones I still have.
                    There are people who collect & some of the early one are worth quite a bit.
                    The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                    Brian Clough

Comment

Oh I loved Hanibal the Hamster doing all sorts of stuff that a hamster really wouldn't be interested in !

And the witch from snow white. I can still recall the drawing of her offering and apple half red and half green in her claw like hand with her bit pointy chin. Reminded me of a cirtain school dinner lady !

What did Chicken Licken do tho ? Remeber the title but thats about it.

Comment

Chicken Licken was convinced the sky was falling in, and ran round telling the other animals, including (i think) Goosey Lucy, Foxy Loxy, and Henny Penny

Comment

Badgery Wadgery anyone ?

Comment

Originally posted by Maf View Post
                            Badgery Wadgery anyone ?
                            LOL Turkey Lurkey?

Comment

I learned to read with Ladybird , brings back some very fond memories whenever pickle brings one home in her book bag from school.
                              Kirsty b xx

Comment

Even better....

Mrs Norburger purchased a Royal Worcester mug with one of the covers printed on it.... they have a large selection.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sou...KpXL5TVTEupBuw
                                http://norburger.blogspot.com/
                                http://www.justgiving.com/jasonnorledge

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X