No announcement yet.

Rugby, alas poor Yorik, I knew it well.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awwww Piglet, that's a bummer. (((Hugs)))

My youngest has just been picked as hooker for one of the school teams. I'm going to have to learn a bit more about the game because I don't even know what that is....

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix
      My youngest has just been picked as hooker for one of the school teams. I'm going to have to learn a bit more about the game because I don't even know what that is....
      I think thats Seahorse's cue isn't it? According to PW it's her card in the phoneboxes!
      To see a world in a grain of sand
      And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

aww sorry PW, i used to play, but i had twins and that ended my career! not had i think i really had one lol! Hope the ligament is on the mend and now relax in that armchair and hope Wales stuff the French this eve lol

Comment

So sorry to hear that PW. Still 20 years isn't bad in a sport with an injury rate as high as rugby. My sons friend has been told he cant play again and hes only 18! To say he is gutted is an understatement

As Su said put your feet up and pour yourself a large one Hugs
          WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Sad to hear that for you PW. I'm sure that'll leave a big gap, hope there's not too much pain involved.
            Life is too short for drama & petty things!
            So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

Bummer.

But you've done well to keep it up so long Piglet, however, don't look down, look up, coach the next generation.

Pass on all that enthusiasm and knowledge, one of my son's coaches is known as "Mostly-broken" so sounds like you have now passed that final coaching qualification.
              Last edited by Peter; 27-02-2009, 11:40 PM. Reason: two nows.
              Always thank people who have helped you immediately, as they may not be around to thank later.
              Visit my blog at http://podsplot.blogspot.com/ - Updated 18th October 2009
              I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/

Comment

sorry to hear of your injury piglet,hope it's not going to affect your everyday goings on,that is when it's done it's healing,have no knowledge of your type of injury or the out come,hope things go ok for you,good luck.
                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

There comes a time PW... It comes to us all sooner or later.
                  Think back though, there you were as a squaddie being paid to play rugby. Almost a professional one could say.
                  There actually is a chance we played against each other over the years!!
                  Bob Leponge
                  Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Hugs PW, coming from a rugby family background I understand how difficult the decision would be. My uncle 'retired' many times before he was 'forced' to retire, every year when he grew a beard for winter I knew the boots were coming back out of the cupboard
                    Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Rugby gets into your bones, my brother played in the army too, and then for his local team he had to give it up as became diabetic, he now coaches little uns though which he loves,pehaps when your leg is better you could pass on your skills, passion and enthusiasm through coaching up and coming talent. Take care.
                      When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Okay, firstly forgive the ignorance, I love watching rugby but don't understand all the rules. Can somebody tell me the difference between a ruck and a maul and when does it become a ruck and when a maul?
                        AKA Angie

Comment

One thing I don't understand, is why when the Ref tells the players not to do something, they go and do it, right in front of him, then moan when they get sent to the sin bin - plonkers!
                          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X