• Show
Clear All

I'm a cheap date, get squiffy on a couple of aspirin lol

Comment

I used to take those....after my Op.

I felt all floaty light...great stuff.

Good for long aeroplane journeys...

Comment

I apparently had the nurses in stitches once when they gave me morphine when I had a ruptured ectopic pregnancy - no idea what I said but they all came to visit me the day after my op, and brought me their spare chocs!

And a dentist once told me I said the funniest things when he put me under for an extraction.

maybe some people are just susceptible to seeing / saying things when squiffy?

Comment

Not that I would encourage drug taking, but last week was a pretty stressful one at work, and I had a mega headache by Friday. A relative (in the medical profession) recommended "Syndol for tension headaches" to be taken with a bottle of real ale or a stiff gin!

I don't think I have ever felt so relaxed! Completely stoned would be a better description - I'm amazed that you can buy this over the counter without a prescription!
          Never say never!

Comment

I have the occasional migraine and was out of migraleve once. Steve had sme painkillers that he used for his back and offered me one, I was wary cos I didn't know what it was but was desperate for relief so took it. I was off my face , and really didn't care about the migraine after that!! Next morning accused him of trying to poison me! (I reckon that was my handbag of rainbows)
            Kirsty b xx

Comment

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, dihydrocodeine, I remember those

Hope you're feeling OK PW.
              There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

Be careful Piglet read the bit about side effects.
                Dihydrocodeine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                Brian Clough

Comment

i get rainbowed on distalgesics ........ but thankfully 30 mg dihydrocodeine are fine, and i sleep well on em ....... *wonder if robs got any alcohol in his room, i could do with some rainbows
                  Last edited by lynda66; 25-02-2009, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dexterdoglancashire View Post
                    ?

Of no interest to you chaps, but there used to be a ladys painkiller that even just taking a couple, as per instructions, with no alcohol, used to send me wappy! Apparently, theyve now changed the content of them!
                    I remember those! Was as high as a kite!

loving the handbag PW. hope you feel better soon
                    WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post
                      Be careful Piglet read the bit about side effects.
                      Dihydrocodeine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                      That's it BW...Paramol. I take it on holiday as it gets me through long haul flights and the first night at any new hotel.

And Express by Holiday Inn at Watford...as it is just by Watford Junction and if I'm staying over for work, I need a good night's kip.

Too much and I get really really depressed though.

Comment

he he he he
                        Nice analagy
                        I only get the handbag full of rainbows on the 2nd lot of morphine (it was bliss to reach that point on the day I broke my ankle ) but being teetotal, I only wash my painkillers down with 7UP

Comment

As long as the handbag full of rainbows isn't followed by the technicolour yawn, you'll live!
                          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Blimey Piglet have you calmed down yet? Just read some of Bubblewrap's link & you should be careful. Good job they weren't the suppostitory form they apparently used to make, you don't want a 'handbag full of rainbows' up there!
                            Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Originally posted by SueA View Post
                              Blimey Piglet have you calmed down yet? Just read some of Bubblewrap's link & you should be careful. Good job they weren't the suppostitory form they apparently used to make, you don't want a 'handbag full of rainbows' up there!
                              They don't like it up them Mr Mainwaring.
                              The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                              Brian Clough

Comment

I've just been put on Lyrica (pregabalin), which says no alcohol. The doctor said it's very expensive, and she's started me on a low dose, with the idea I up it if I can stand the side effects. More than 1 in 10 get somulence, difficulty concentrating and lightheaded. Apparently these effects usually subside once your body gets used to the drug. So far I've got the side effects but not the pain relief. Perhaps I should have a glass of wine after all, if I can stay awake long enough to drink it
                                Last edited by BarleySugar; 26-02-2009, 04:24 PM.
                                I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
                                Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X