No announcement yet.

Anyone else getting twitchy?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

super twitchy. sowed some salad stuff in electric propagator to calm me down. counted my packs of seed, checked dates for sowing, grouped them into varieties, rearranged them in their tin, wrote down what i had and when to sow them, check what everyone else is doing, should i risk sowing early to get a head start even though i know its still too early. aarrgghhh!
    above the clouds the sun is shining and the sky is blue. if you look hard enough you can just about see it!

Comment

Yep - another twitcher here.

There was a piece on Gardener's Question Time a couple of weeks back about producing sturdy stemmed seedlings. Anne Swithinbank keeps a piece of paper near her seedlings and when she goes to the greenhouse she wafts the paper gently over the seedlings. This has been tested and proved to create sturdier seedlings as it creates air movement and makes them think they're being raised outside and so produce thicker stems to cope with the conditions.
      Life is too short for drama & petty things!
      So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

Originally posted by Comfreyfan View Post

Anne Swithinbank keeps a piece of paper near her seedlings and when she goes to the greenhouse she wafts the paper gently over the seedlings. This has been tested and proved to create sturdier seedlings as it creates air movement and makes them think they're being raised outside and so produce thicker stems to cope with the conditions.

Ooo..think I'm going to try that! ( more excuses to have to keep checking on the seedlings!!!!)
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I've been getting quite neurotic about getting my freebie greenhouse down to the allotments and erected but the ridings are so wet that I've not been able drive round there. Got loads of things that need to go down there.

Last Sunday it got the better of me and I loaded the metalwork for the greenhouse, all the poles from our old gazebo, two sets of shelving salvaged from the girl child's room and a metal bed base (to use as a trellis) onto the car.

Parked at the top of the hill and walked down to my plots but the ridings were like a quagmire by my plots, all the ridings churned up by a lorry that got stuck evidentially.

6 loads I carried down the hill. Put together the shelving ready for the back of said greenhouse. Started putting up the greenhouse only to realise that I've left some at home.

Well I've got the bug now!

Taking Friday off as holiday and am determined to get the rest of my stuff down there and the greenhouse finished.
          Last edited by Stacey Steve; 25-02-2009, 08:20 AM.
          I am certain that the day my boat comes in, I'll be at the airport.

Comment

ive got some stuff that could have been sown in jan/feb, not touched it yet, just been way too busy ..... might get a spare half hour today, if not, friday ....
            http://MeAndMyVeggies.blogspot.com

Comment

twitch twitch, just hoping to get the house stuff finished so I can play out this weekend
              Yo an' Bob
              Walk lightly on the earth
              take only what you need
              give all you can
              and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

Originally posted by Comfreyfan View Post

There was a piece on Gardener's Question Time a couple of weeks back about producing sturdy stemmed seedlings. Anne Swithinbank keeps a piece of paper near her seedlings and when she goes to the greenhouse she wafts the paper gently over the seedlings. This has been tested and proved to create sturdier seedlings as it creates air movement and makes them think they're being raised outside and so produce thicker stems to cope with the conditions.
                That's a cool tip - will have to try it. Of course the draft provided by my two cats thundering in and out of the conservatory in pursuit of the collared doves (who like to strut up and down the roof outside) may be sufficient!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X