We're back!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good I'm please it's all working now

How are we doing for speed? there seem to be a few people on now and it feels pretty quick from here!

Oli

Comment

It's much speedier now - when it is busy I usually post and then go make a cuppa before it actually gets on here...but it's been ok thus far.

Comment

All OK with me BUT what are the improvements?
        The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
        Brian Clough

Comment

The improvements are mostly invisible I'm afraid...

We have a more powerful, robust server. We're just trying to keep you grapes happy

Oli

Comment

That`s easy. Start the Saturday night thread.
            I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Comment

Originally posted by Olivier View Post
              The improvements are mostly invisible I'm afraid...

We have a more powerful, robust server. We're just trying to keep you grapes happy

Oli
              Robust/Grapes Better wine?
              The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
              Brian Clough

Comment

Gawd I was getting withdrawal symtoms! I normally log on at about 04:30 to read the new post.

I had to look on EBay, even looked at web sites for tooth paste tubes (do you know that the minimum order from China is 10,000 tubes)

Oh it's great to be back!
                I am certain that the day my boat comes in, I'll be at the airport.

Comment

I haven't noticed much difference in speed. But then I'm on a teeny notebook running XP, trying to wrestle some bandwidth from 2 teenage boys playing Call of Duty online

Comment

Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post
                    Robust/Grapes Better wine?
                    I'm french, the improvement was needed

Comment

What's improved then? Have we been turbo charged or sumfink?
                      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                        What's improved then? Have we been turbo charged or sumfink?
                        Hahaha!

Think of it as new computer

Comment

Originally posted by Olivier View Post
                          Hahaha!

Think of it as new computer
                          Congrats on getting the server up on time. It's nice when things go to plan. Been on the otherside when it's not worked and been half a day getting a server up and, well, all hell was breaking loose and you're still trying to get it up at the same time!

wonder how many posts have been added since the new servers up? Peeps have been suffering withdrawals.... so think they're making up for it!
                          Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Hello from an old but apparently new member! My old user name couldn't be activated. I contacted the admin but obviously couldn't post here. This morning I'm still out in the cold, so can someone have a look at the problem for me. Flummery gets a little 'Thank you for logging in, Flummery' message and then I am directed straight back to log in requirement. Can't log in, can't post, (can dance a little!)

Please can someone let me back in? I'm not Flum on her first post, I'm Flummery, misting up the window, leaving nose marks, looking in but unable to play! Heeeeelp!

Comment

Hang on flum.....

Have you tried closing the computer down and restarting [probably yes but it's always worth a try].

Your account is still active...I'll post an 'admin help' message but it might not be looked at until tomorrow...

If Olivier comes back and sees this - perhaps he could look at it in the meantime.
                              Last edited by zazen999; 22-02-2009, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Oh no, Flum! Hope they get you sorted out a.s.a.p.!
                                That "log-in, then return to log-in page" happens to me every time I try and sign in on my phone. It has something to do with cookies. Perhaps your pooter is confusing the cookie info because of the Vine being on a new server? If you go into Internet Options, or maybe System Tools, you should be able to clear all your cookies which might sort it?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X