No announcement yet.

If you are scratched....

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you press gently on the pad of the paw the claws will extend, you could get them used to this by doing it as part of a stroking/grooming routine, before actually trying the clipping. You should be able to see the 'quick' of the claw, which you MUST NOT cut, it will bleed profusely! You do really just need to nip off the very tip. I've found they can still use their claws in the scratching post and to climb the curtains , but it takes away that needle sharpness that lacerates. You will need to do it regularly as they shed and regrow their claws, but they soon get used to it just like grooming with a brush/comb.

It isn't the same as the american declawing thing, that removes the last joint of the claw I had an american friend that wouldn't entertain a cat in this country because she couldn't get it declawed!
    Last edited by BarleySugar; 22-02-2009, 10:06 PM.
    I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
    Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

Now that's just plain cruel! a cat with no claws? Almost like an elephant with no trunk!

As to getting to see the claws to cut, mine love having their paws tickled and rubbed, if you gently press in between the pads of the paw and rub, they spread them and out pop the claws... never thought of clipping them though.... and shan't tell the OH about painting them either.... don't think she'll appreciate using her polish on the cats
      Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

you do all know that I was tongue-in-cheek on the mittens thingy don't you - yer course you do
        aka
        Suzie

Comment

Mmm, but sounded like you posted it because you were getting scratched
          I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
          Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

Oh I am getting scratched by the wee one
            aka
            Suzie

Comment

You didn't mention the mittens to the CPL did you?

Comment

I was just talking to my friend about these, after seeing the above pics. She's a member of some fashion forums and reckons she's seen a few pics of these ON cats, by the American posters. Oh dear...Rosco would well and truly leave home if I put those on him!

Comment

I would just love to see Genghis' face if I so much as thought about putting those on her lol
                  WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Our cat Amy said she didn't like any of the colours available so I won't be buying her any!
                    Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X