No announcement yet.

Please let me have nice neighbours!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes that's true just different needs I suppose!
    AKA Angie

Comment

Sharonr That's interesting about council's advertising. I didn't know that, does that apply to all councils? Where do they advertise?
      AKA Angie

Comment

our council advertises too, in the local paper ..... and i do agree, if they are a problem the council will now have things in place to sort it out, often through mediation

Comment

Originally posted by selfraising View Post
          Sharonr That's interesting about council's advertising. I didn't know that, does that apply to all councils? Where do they advertise?
          Across from our council offices there is a place called Homestart. They put the picture in the window like an estate agents with a discription.
          I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Comment

Hi I've just had a look on our Council website and you are right. It seems the house had 79 bids on it and has been allocated to a priority band A person, whatever that means!
            AKA Angie

Comment

Sorry Lynda66 I had to chuckle there, I misread your post and thought it said 'often through medication'!!
              AKA Angie

Comment

It means they could be overcrowded or moving from problem neighbours themselves, they could have family in the area.
                I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Comment

Originally posted by selfraising View Post
                  Hi I've just had a look on our Council website and you are right. It seems the house had 79 bids on it and has been allocated to a priority band A person, whatever that means!
                  that is probably someone who is either homeless and in temporary accommodation, or very soon to be homeless, lots of reasons for that though, so not all bad and as it's a house, they will probably have one or more children.......if they were previously classed as problem neighbours, they wouldn't get it

some people need medicating lol
                  Last edited by lynda66; 19-02-2009, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Oh I see hanks for that. I've learned something new today!!
                    AKA Angie

Comment

Not your Coke Bottle Toddlers and their Mum then?

Comment

depends if they've previously been bad neighbours

Comment

doesn't look like it Amanda phewwwwww! I was getting quite depressed there for a bit.
                          I'm hoping those that came round this morning were just being nosey (bit like me I guess). I thought i heard a 'f.....ing well gutted' coming from one of them so that might be positive, for me I mean!!!
                          AKA Angie

Comment

yeah, they probably just heard they didn't get it

Comment

Have your neighbours moved in yet? Are they friendly? When our next door neighbours sold their house I asked who had bought it - its a big 4/5 bedroom family home; our neighbour's husband said to me "he's a single man, he's buying the house so he has somewhere for his nieces and nephews to stay", and weeks later he said it again, "he's single - needs somewhere for his nieces and nephews to stay" ... I realised after the chap moved in (not a niece or nephew in sight, in fact I've only ever seen ONE visitor in two years) it turns out he is Gay. Why the flippin' eck didn't the previous owner say so?!! What did he think we would do - raise an objection ?? Silly man. We have no care what his sexuality is and although he is a bit quiet (he's only ever been round here once even though we've invited him quite a few times) he is no nuicance, he is friendly and he takes our keys when we go away in case of flood or fire. A perfect neighbour in fact. We are the noisy ones - and he's never complained. Top man.

Comment

No, nobody in yet. The council have been coming and going doing odd bits of work in there but no sign of neighbours yet and I think it might be at least another month because they have gutted the kitchen. The council says it has been allocated but were not prepared to tell me anymore. Problem is, I've now got used to the quiet, its like being in a detached house!
                                AKA Angie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X