No announcement yet.

oh no, book thief about

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i cleaned out the people carrier the other day and discovered 2 books that I argued with the library staff about........i took them back with an apology and a very RED face!
    Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

Originally posted by pigletwillie View Post
      I have no famous relatives but have nearly finished my lottie recipe book. I just need to keep Andrea out of the snug to stop her from stealing the original.
      I'm never going to be good enough to get INTO the snug, let alone be able to leave with a book under my jumper

Comment

All these naughty people on here who you think are all far too nice to accidentally steal anything....off to polish halo

Comment

Originally posted by janeyo View Post
          All these naughty people on here who you think are all far too nice to accidentally steal anything....off to polish halo

sorry fell on floor laughing when i read this LOLOLOLOL
          Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

oops just remembered that I once left a shop with some size 5-6 barbie knickers hanging on the back of my coat. Didn't realise until about 5 shops later, so they became an xmas pressie for a friends little girl...

Comment

imagine the fine if you returned a library book years late... you'd need to remortgage!

Comment

and I won't even begin to tell you about the the things I needed when a student in France and my own shameful mother helped me acquire from her hotel and various restaurants.....

Comment

I've still got some of my books from English Literature at school - oops! Thing is, I absolutely LOVED Far From the Madding Crowd, Great Expectations, Lord of the Flies...

*shuffles off to norty step*

Comment

Thanks for the reminder Two Sheds. DD found 2 books yesterday when clearing out her room. I've just gone online and they are listed under her name, but they don't show what the cost will be. I think I'll plead that we've been honest in returning them as they haven't sent any reminders. Maybe they'll let us off.
                    I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
                    Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

I think we would have the poliece on the doorstep. If any of our books go over we get reminders and then red reminders and then a hefty fine and then a bill for the book, so it just is'nt worth forgetting to bring your book back.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

We usually get a reminder once it is a 2 weeks late, can't think what happened this time. They did close a refurbish, perhaps that's what made them lose track. Least she pays less as child that if I'd had then out
                        I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
                        Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

In around 2002 at a works Christmas meal in a posh restaurant in St James' I fell in love with the metal sculptured ashtray on the table. My boss, after a few glasses of wine and port suggested I 'stick it up my jumper'. Me, after a few glasses of wine and port decide to obey him.... he is my boss afterall. Lovely it was, pride of place in my kitchen (where I smoked). Three weeks later we got receipt sent to the office, it says Six starters £ ***, Six Mains £**** Four bottles of wine £****, Six glasses of Port £***** One Ashtray £12 (Twelve Pounds !!). They knew alright. How embarrassing, I bet it happened all the time.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X