No announcement yet.

Hubby with Parkinsons Disease

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thankyou Maytreefrannie, looks like I'm not the only one!
    AKA Angie

Comment

I'll Pm you.
      the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Thanks for that Lettucegrow. He does have a PD nurse though annoyingly she doesn't seem to want to involve me. I've only been in on the visit once and she virtually ignored me. I know it's mainly for hubby but I have questions and concerns too, oh well.
        AKA Angie

Comment

Sorry to hear about your OH selfraising (great name btw)....

I for one believe that anything that feeds your soul will improve your physical & emotional wellbeing. So, if he enjoys gardening...brilliant. If not...I'm sure together you'll find something to lift the spirits!

For me...it's sitting in my garden watching my chickens, cats, dogs, etc destroy it...lol.

Heaven right there in my own little home!
          I love to talk about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about!!

Our Blog - http://chancecottage.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thankyou Bephlam. That's my thoughts too. I like sitting by my pond and watching the fish and at night I go on a frog hunt in summer! The dog does his best to trample over things, especially now he can't see very well. He fell in the pond last week, shouldn't laugh but we had to airlift him out!!! Fortunately it wasn't deep.
            AKA Angie

Comment

lol - poor doggie!!

My dogs are forever doing silly things, and I laugh every time! The cats thankfully don't do much damage to our garden, but I'm sure the neighbours hate them! However, the chickens are garden destroyers - little demolition machines! I spent three hours in the garden today - had it looking lovely (considering how awful the weather has been, etc)...I came indoors for a cup of tea, and one of my OH's homemade rock cakes (YUMMY!), looked outside...and guess what??...it was destroyed!! Still...it was worth it for the giggle.

I know how you must be feeling - it's always a worry when someone you love is diagnosed with a serious illness. My Papa is currently terminally ill with lung cancer...which is a constant source or worry...also my best friend was diagnosed a month ago with primary bowel cancer and secondary ovarian cancer...So for me, the little simple moments that take my mind away from the harsh reality of life keep me going.

Be it your pond...your garden...you sense of humour....use it all to your full potential. There is always support for the sufferer...but often little for the friends/family bearing the worry...feeling they can't speak to their loved one about it for fear of burdoning them with the load.

The Vine is a fab place to let off some steam...and chat with like minded people! I'm sure it'll bring you hours of endless pleasure...I know it does for me!

I love to talk about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about!!

Our Blog - http://chancecottage.blogspot.com/

Comment

Like a lot of people I dont know anything about Parkinsons, so can only offer my best wishes.
                As a late starter to the garden I know the good it has done me in every sense, so if you start him on it, and he enjoys it, I'm sure it will only do him good.
                If not, then you can still continue and enjoy it, and OH could do something that he enjoys too.
                Good luck getting the meds sorted.
                Bob Leponge
                Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Hi, my mother had parkinsons, she had it for over 21 years. She loved gardening and having holidays. She was a fighter and tried not to let parkinsons stop her doing anything she loved.

My thoughts are with you and garden to your hearts content, the exercise and pleasure it brings helps, as illness is also a state of mind, not just a physical thing.

With love

Kim

Comment

Oh and i forgot to say, the Parkinsons Society and local Parkinsons support groups are great. It may help your husband to speak to someone, we all know how good when talking to someone and they reply, i know exactly how you feel. You could also come up with some ideas, as other would discuss how they manage their symptons and side effects, often the local Parkinsons groups do exercise classes for people with parkinsons, as keeping fit helps. Also it would be lovely for you to speak to people who are also caring for Parkinson sufferers.

Again my thoughts are with you

Kimxxx

Comment

Can't add to the advice already given, SR, but hope they get the meds right soon and fingers crossed you can tempt him into the soil! If nothing else, it'll help him mentally when the illness is getting him down. Good luck. xx

Comment

DaneEndDolly
                        I fully agree with you, illnesses are a state of mind as well as body. I know this might sound mean and I don't mean it like that but sometimes OH almost wallows in it and I want to kick him up the backside and say hey, don't let this thing rule your life!! I know it's easy for me to say, I haven't got it. I think also he tries to understand the illness to much, like anyalysing why he might be having a good day one day and a bad day the next. I try and tell him that that is probably the nature of the beast and just be glad when he has a good day.
                        AKA Angie

Comment

Bephlam you're right about the animals, they are funny. Our dog, cos he's old and almost blind is constantly getting himself in some situation or another. The week after falling in the pond, he had an adventure in our bathroom, namely shutting the door on himsellf in the middle of the night. In the morning we couldn't understand why we couldn't get the bathroom door open, the dog was asleep behind it. He must have been there all night!! Thanks for the good wishes.
                          AKA Angie

Comment

Thanks Bobleponge and Sluglobber for your support. I'm so glad I joined this forum, although it's becoming hugely addictive!! Everyone is so supportive and the amount of knowledge out there is vast. It feels like being part of an online family.
                            AKA Angie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X