Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post
    I used to get 6d(two & a half pence)
    You were lucky ... I used to dream of getting 6d ... there were thirty two of us living in shoebox in' middle o' road ... 6d ! huh
    Last edited by digthatchick; 12-02-2009, 11:14 PM.
    http://www.robingardens.com

Seek not to know all the answers, just to understand the questions.

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
      son got £1 each

........ unless he was at his dads, cos the stingy bleep bleep bleeper dropped him off at home after the weekend and said ............... that the tooth fairy doesn't go to their house, so he wrapped it in a tissue and sent it home grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats dreadful!!! the tight git!
      WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Originally posted by RedThorn View Post
        We used to call a thrupence a ticky
        Crickey, don't mention thrupenny bits again...its a family forum you know!!

Local fairy's mean - only 50p round here (10 bob to you BW!)

'twas 5p in my day

It can't be a good investment letting 'em have a fiver!! for sweets...they'll drop out quicker and you'll be shelling out more

That said...at 14 for a triple extraction and a brace!!!.....Even £20 wouldn't sound enough!
        Last edited by Paulottie; 13-02-2009, 02:17 AM.

Comment

I used to get 6d, my sons and my daughter got £1 , when we were on holiday my grandson was with us and he lost a tooth, when his mum found out she said the tooth fairy usually bought 50p, too late tooth fairy had already been and left £1
          Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
          and ends with backache

Comment

Little One gets £1 per tooth ... from her mum, her nan, her other nan, and her dad. So that's a right little earner
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

So far just DD has lost only 2 teeth.....she's been left a pound for each & the second one she got a book as well.....she swallowed it & was soo distraught.......nothing like as distraught as I was when I found out the Tooth Fairy's not real & in fact I had to dig deep!!
              The fairies always leave her a little parcel of books at Christmas also....she gets more excited by them than her stocking!!
              the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

£1 per tooth here too, except the first to go which was a £2 coin.

Comment

I used to get 6d, but a shilling for 'double teeth' as we called the big ones at the back (I was astute enough to 'negotiate' that, even when I believed in the tooth fairy<g>) 6d was the price of a standard bar of chocolate in those days. £1 is close enough though.
                  Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post
                    I used to get 6d(two & a half pence)
                    We are most definitely of the same vintage Bubblewrap!
                    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

My youngest son got hysterical when I said the tooth fairy would come. He sobbed and didnt want to go to bed.
                      On investigation it turned out he thought the tooth fairy had big shrp pointy teeth and was going to be in HIS bedroom, no thanks!
                      We had to explain then swear him to secrecy
                      WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

I used to get 50p
                        My brother had a great trick, kept the old teeth and then used to randlomly tell mum he'd lost one to try and get extra money. Think she fell for it a few times lol.

I think a pound a tooth sounds fair. But when my son had his eye operation he got pressies from everyone! I think the extraction and brace fitting deserves a fiver at least!

My son hasn't lost any teeth yet and is very upset cos some of his little friends have lost some.

The toddlie only has 6 teeth! He's 19 months, at this rate he'll be at uni with his baby teeth

Comment

I got £1 for two front milk teeth then it was 50p

But dear grapes, I have a toothy story to tell... gather round

When I was at my auntie's house in Wolverhampton we visited the playpark and I was playing quite happily. Then we decided to run from the grit area to the grass area, as I run I full and I snapped my only 3 week old grown up big tooth IN HALF!!!. Also skinned nose and lips and knees... Now i've got half a falser and i'm only 13

Stacey xXx

P.S My 500th Post
                          Over and Out
                          Last edited by happybunny; 13-02-2009, 09:52 AM.
                          Stacey x ♫

Comment

Did you cry HB when you fell over. I would if I did that even now. I have a real real phobia of dentists, so much so that I am constant pain with my teeth.
                            I used to get nothing for my teeth falling out, and yearned for a cardboard shoebox to live in.
                            My kids used to get ten bob each as well, although it was a decimal thingy by then.
                            In France they have a magic mouse, and as my eldest granddaughter is nearly 5, I recently bought them both a really sweet little tin that the magic mouse finds under the pillow holding the tooth, as its quite difficult for a mouse to find a very small tooth under a very big pillow, even if he is magic.
                            Bob Leponge
                            Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Originally posted by FionaH View Post
                              Thats dreadful!!! the tight git!
                              don't get me started lol

Comment

Originally posted by bobleponge View Post
                                Did you cry HB when you fell over. I would if I did that even now. I have a real real phobia of dentists, so much so that I am constant pain with my teeth.
                                I used to get nothing for my teeth falling out, and yearned for a cardboard shoebox to live in.
                                My kids used to get ten bob each as well, although it was a decimal thingy by then.
                                In France they have a magic mouse, and as my eldest granddaughter is nearly 5, I recently bought them both a really sweet little tin that the magic mouse finds under the pillow holding the tooth, as its quite difficult for a mouse to find a very small tooth under a very big pillow, even if he is magic.
                                Scremed more like, a trip to hospital, then dentist once we were home false bit put on, which kept breaking off as her tooth stuck out slightly due to thumb sucking, referal to orthodontist, a brace put in with a special bit on to stop her thumb sucking(stops them getting the suction oon the thumb so not the same sensation) it worked then second brace for about a year to pull tooth into line, the false bit hasn't broke of since! She has a small scar under her nose from the fall, don't know who got more of a fright, us aults that were there HB or my sisters step son who was really worried about her! kis who' have them!
                                Last edited by ailsasyl; 13-02-2009, 11:25 AM. Reason: *Can you tell my d button is sticking!!*

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X