No announcement yet.

An annoying little job done

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've done most little jobs as house went on market yesterday and want everything as nice as can be! Mr R is upstairs painting a bit of skirting board, but we've spent ages getting things right. The house is Victorian and was a bit neglected when we moved in. Looks beautiful now but need big garden, which this doesn't have.

Well done PW! It's really satisfying ticking off the jobs isn't it?
    I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

Biggest 'annoying little job' is trying to persuade Himself to stop designing and de-designing the hen run and start making the darned thing!
      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Need new taps in Bathroom, but since bath is badly stained where old tap has been dripping for YEARS, we really need a new bath, and might as well get the whole 'set' (Wickes had special offer a couple of weeks back, but we chickened out of buying)
        Gutters need attention
        most of house hasn't been decorated in ages
        wiring needs looked at
        Boiler overdue for service

You can tell a Surveyor lives here.......
        Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

The filler strip thing on the bath...the landlord gave us some really cr&p stuff to use....doesn't fit right & there wasn't enough to go all the way round...need to pull it all of & just use the squirty stuff!
          De~clutter all the cupboards full of stuff that's not been touched in over a year & make room for kitchen overspill....got far too much stuff for a little kitchen.
          Put new curtain hooks in bedroom curtains...Daisy snapped them whilst playing hide & seek a couple of months back.
          Go to the bottle bank.....again!!!
          Fix two drawer handles in the kitchen.....we're totally baffled...they're screw in yet not long enough to rescrew in???...they were obviously long enough once!
          As for odd switches.....we've got one in the kitchen....finally got around to asking the landlord what it's for....it's a second switch for the washing machine,to save us having to pull the thing out in order to switch off.
          Oh!and finally find the missing four giant toblerones that haven't been seen since just before Christmas!
          Last edited by di; 10-02-2009, 10:41 PM.
          the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
            Biggest 'annoying little job' is trying to persuade Himself to stop designing and de-designing the hen run and start making the darned thing!
            i recommend getting the wood, and saying on a saturday morning, right i'm gonna go build a chook house ....... can (almost) guarantee he'll get in a panic and dash out and do it

Comment

i've still got to finish fitting the kitchen, and the washing machine, dishwasher and dryer need plumbing in, and it needs decorating

and the hallway to finish painting

, and when those are done, i need to do something with the utility room, and decorate it

the chicken house and run need finishing,
              the whole garden needs fencing,
              theres 2 gates been down the side of the house for about a year, and a bag of cement in my hallway for fitting the gate posts.
              need the new pond hole digging, and pond fitting .

and after all that, rob said he's gonna get a skip and throw all the crap out that's accumulated in the house

think i need to get a man in lol

Comment

Know exactly what you mean, got the wood, chicken coming in March but still the designing and de-designing goes on and on and on.

MG

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
                  i recommend getting the wood, and saying on a saturday morning, right i'm gonna go build a chook house ....... can (almost) guarantee he'll get in a panic and dash out and do it
                  It's not the house - it's the run. Latest design is walk-in height and has sort of angle-iron posts that need burying a couple of feet down. I know him well enough (after 38 years!) to know that if I sent for the stuff he'd say, 'ok you do it then' and I know I'd make a complete bottom of it! It WILL be worth the wait - I'm just not ggod at waiting!
                  Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by jackie j View Post
                    All of them cos OH wont do any at the moment unfinished jobs in nearly every room dont get me started GRRRRRRRRRR
                    Then why don't you do them instead?

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

It's not the house - it's the run. Latest design is walk-in height and has sort of angle-iron posts that need burying a couple of feet down. I know him well enough (after 38 years!) to know that if I sent for the stuff he'd say, 'ok you do it then' and I know I'd make a complete bottom of it! It WILL be worth the wait - I'm just not ggod at waiting!
                      see now i haven't even thought about the run yet lol ..... theory is, once mine go out in the house, they'll only be going out for short periods anyway, as they aren't used to the cold ..... so i have a few more weeks lol

well just tell him Lynda says flipping well get on with it, cos i wanna see some chooks

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                        Then why don't you do them instead?
                        I do some but I have my limits and I cant take out a loo and sink, take down a tempoary wall do whatever needs doing to the floor and fit laminate is out of the question for me, Painting I will do if he buys the paint but he is very fussy, when he gets going he does a brilliant job just wont finish anything. I do the washing, Ironing, cooking, cleaning, gardening, allotment, see to our daughter, pick up grandson, and evrything else, I dont mind helping but he sits on the computer all weekend and every night and is lazy. He neever used to be like this.
                        We need to move the bathroom back to where it should be ( moved by previous owners ) make daughters room bigger to how it should be. New windows and doors. Some we havent done because of lack of funds.
                        Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                        and ends with backache

Comment

Well today I got another little job done.

As part of the major overhaul of the hall, stairs and landing, I needed to change the soil pipe fittings in the bathroom and extend it up into the loft ready for the ensuite when we convert it. To do it the dunny came out and before it went back, the flooring fairy came and laid new marmoleum down.

The thunder box is now back in situ and with such fab flooring, I can now "miss" with impunity.

Extra jobs created :-

The soil pipe needs boxing in and plastering.
                          The bathroom cladding needs a fresh coat of paint
                          The 1" square tiles round the bath look dated and need replacing.

More work.

Comment

Today PW, I have................
                            bottled some garlic oil Ive been stewing for the past few weeks, and shortly I will be deep polishing my work boots.....
                            Its always satisfying to get those niddly little jobs done isnt it?
                            Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

New flooring is most definitely NOT an excuse to miss the pot!
                              Well done on getting the job done though, especially hindered with man-flu

Comment

You know its neverending PW. By the time you get it all done the bathroom tiles will again be out of date and will need replacing. Part of the life cycle.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X