Grape meet up northwest

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dexterdoglancashire View Post
    I KNOW Im thick - where is Arley Hall? (I also need to check that OH can Dexter sit that day) and I'll let you know
    it's lovely, it's where we did the school comp last year!

Comment

Originally posted by nelliegemini View Post
      If I post the link up right, there should be a map here

CW9 6NA - Google Maps

mind you, took some finding on the web site!
      you could also use the aa's route finder The AA: Breakdown Cover, Car Insurance, Loans, Motoring Advice, Travel and Maps

Comment

Thanks!
        Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

I know I'm in the north west too but I'm very shy, bordering on total social phobia, especially eating & drinking with people! I'll say I'm not coming but if you see someone lurking in the background it could be me! Have a good time anyway, Arley Hall is lovely, the long borders are great & they have a nice tearoom.
          Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Originally posted by SueA View Post
            I know I'm in the north west too but I'm very shy, bordering on total social phobia, especially eating & drinking with people! I'll say I'm not coming but if you see someone lurking in the background it could be me! Have a good time anyway, Arley Hall is lovely, the long borders are great & they have a nice tearoom.
            Me too Sue, although not the eating and drinking thing. Just that I'm too fat & ugly I was ill with nerves before going to Yo & Bob's, if it hadn't been a day digging in the rain, and I could take my dog, I probably wouldn't have gone... Glad I did as Yo, Bob, Mrs D, Dobby and Dave were very lovely, and didn't seem to notice that I was nearly gibbering!
            I love the idea of a big Grape meet up, but... I'd be perfectly happy if I could put a paper bag over my head...
            Anyway, it's not an issue this time as I've worked out that fuel and entry would cost a weeks shopping budget and I probably won't be able to walk very far by then either!

Comment

When are the grapes from the south meeting at Wisley? I am an RHS member and would love to meet.
              You know you're a hard nosed gardener when you pull the weeds from others plots!

Comment

Stupid me - I should look before I type! I searched 'Meeting Wisley' and found the date - 7th March.
                thanks guys ;-)
                You know you're a hard nosed gardener when you pull the weeds from others plots!

Comment

The problem with a large scattered group like this is that you simply can't please everyone; you could ask and check forever, and end up not doing anything. So you just have to make a date and hope for the best

So, looks like the north west meetup will be 5th April 2009 at Arley Hall, Cheshire

I've never heard of the place, but I expect I'll find it. All we need now is some form of identification - a copy of GYO brandished freely about our person?

See you there Geoff

Comment

Originally posted by geoff View Post
                    All we need now is some form of identification - a copy of GYO brandished freely about our person?

See you there Geoff
                    everyone has to wear a hat with a large sunflower attached

Comment

In April? Will a plastic one do?

Comment

Well we could all discreetly meet in the car park! Ya know ninja type moves, so we all know who we are!
                        Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

We're easily spotted in the car park, just look for the electric blue MINI with black roof and bonnet stripes!
                          Blessings
                          Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
                          Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
                          Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
                          On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Dobby View Post
                            We're easily spotted in the car park, just look for the electric blue MINI with black roof and bonnet stripes!
                            An italian Job then?

Comment

Only 4 hours drive for me lol dont think I could make it that far lol
                              Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                              and ends with backache

Comment

i wish u could how far is trefin in wales for you? or we could meet halfway?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X