Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEWSFLASH!!! East of England has closed!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had our Snow Day on Monday. Since then, nothing at all, or rain. Been raining this morning but it's stopped now. All the news has been showing blocked roads and gritters running out of salt and we're here wondering what it'a all about.
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

The worst of it normally misses us but it's been quite bad today.
      School closed for first time, was all open last week.
      Not sure if it will be open tomorrow.
      Hope so, am going stir crazy here......

Can't help looking for food!

Comment

I went out this morning for the first time this week, only because I'd run out of milk. It was lovely trudging in my wellies to the shop, all quiet and peaceful even though it was 9a.m.! What did annoy me though was that the little supermarket near me only had 6 pint bottles of milk in stock, and the meat on display was all the expensive stuff! There isn't a butcher or a greengrocer near me so in emergencies it has to be the Co-op. think it might be another "soup and omelette day" I'll be splitting the 6 pints of milk into smaller quantities and freezing them otherwise it'll go off before I've used it all
        My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Lots of lovely snow here, schools shut in our area and my school too. It is starting to melt and it is now sleeting, we are having a training day tomorrow so will have to see if we are able to get in for that.
          We have been sitting in our front room watching people trying to drive in it, they are gunning engines, not using their gears and genuinely making a hash of it and that includes people with 4 wheel drive off roaders.
          When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Rain here, too. Rubbish!

Comment

A small amount of snow today that covered the cars but its all gone now, and now its just cold and wet!
              and on that note i am now going for a nap as i have been in work since 05:00 zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
              Life isnt about surviving the storm.....But learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

Still covered in the white stuff , more forcast for tonight, and all night and all day monday shame it never happened like this at christmas.

Comment

We are having another slight melt.
                  Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

The big problem we have in Britain compared to places like Norway or Canada isn't just lack of 'set-up' for snow, but also that people here never learn how to drive in snowy conditions. A lot of the 'non-preparation' is in people's minds.....
                    Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Loads of snow here in Bedfordshire and more forecast tonight. We got the car stuck at stables and had to push it out the drive. Kids have had fun making 2 giant snowmen!

Comment

There is a snowman on our village green and it is about ten feet tall, i do not want to meet the kids big enough and strong enough to build that!!
                        I was listening to Russell Howard live at the Apollo the other night, he said he knew a really evil kid at school who when the next door neighbours little boy built a snowman, he waited for it to melt and then left a suicide note in the pool of water! lol
                        When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Had to stay over my sisters last night due to mum being in hospital (scary for a while but she's going to be ok) and about 5 inches fell overnight. Wasn't sure if we would make it into town as she lives in a little village and road not gritted (drove it at 15mph), but as soon as we got to the edge of town, all the roads were gritted.

It nags at me that this weather was forecast last week, yet it still brings the country to a standstill Surely the local agencies etc could have been better prepared knowing it was coming?? One of my sisters' friends is Canadian, and this weather to her is just a light dusting but we act as though another Ice Age is coming. Mad.
                          Grumble over now. Took some nice pics today in her village (which incidentally is the one I grew up in!)
                          Kirsty b xx

Comment

We had about 2 inches today which is unusual as we are on the coast.
                            Freezing now so will probably be a skating rink in the morning.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

A lot ofsnow this morning but the roads were clear by lunchtime. Started snowing heavily again at 4 this afternoon, still going
                              Went to see a farmer up at Portmahomack (9 miles away)- they had no snow there at all - but they had lost all their power due to a flock (is that the correct terminology ) of swans flying into the overhead cables.
                              Two dead swans = no power !
                              Rat

British by birth
                              Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
                              http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

Our snow fell overnight on Sunday and all day / night on Monday... I tried to get into work but had to turn back so I worked from home Monday & Tuesday. This was my garden.
                                Attached Files
                                pjh75

We sow the seed, nature grows the seed, we eat the seed. (Neil, The Young Ones)

http://producebypaula.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X