Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
    Or

Been there - done that - got the tissues.
    well perhaps the bloke in the office (at Bobs gaff) needs tissues as well! he was crying from being locked in! lol!

Comment

So, just how do men sort this sort of frostiness out - us girls would say sorry and give each other a hug [or just never talk to each other again - ever]...do you just have a pint of fermented goat milk together at the end of the day and move on or what?
      Last edited by zazen999; 05-02-2009, 10:10 AM.

Comment

I suspect he's more embarassed, than anything, Bob. Like the others (and you), I'd have to wonder why his office was locked and in darkness. Any reasonable person would have done the same!

Here's a little story to cheer you up, though:

My friend is a little bit dipsy, but very good at customer services and had just secured a position in a bank (HSBC in Dorking, if you're interested!).

During her first week, a man came to service the air conditioning, the motor for which was in the vault, in the basement. The vault in HSBC has a staircase with a door at the bottom. This door is locked by a mechanism at the top of the stairs. So, Sarah let the guy into the vault, but for some reason forgot to tell anyone. This was in the afternoon and because there were no customers after 3pm, everyone packed up and went home. Including Sarah, who had completely forgotten the guy in the basement, whilst someone else had locked the bottom door via the upstairs thingummy. The lights are also at the top of the staircase, so the guy was in pitch black, with no food, water or toilet.

His family noticed him missing and the police were called, but because he was in a basement, his phone was useless and not providing a signal to trace. He was released when a worker went down into the vault the next morning (Sarah said about 08:30), somewhat traumatised by his experience!

So, Bob, what you did was mild by comparison. At least boss man had a light switch.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
          So, just how do men sort this sort of frostiness out - us girls would say sorry and give each other a hug [or just never talk to each other again - ever]...do you just have a pint of fermented goat milk together at the end of the day and move on or what?

In the absence of beer, and thus a fight, I reckon the goats milk is going to be what turns the tide.

SL, once the grumpy bloke cheers up a bit (after his goats milk) I will email him that little story to let him know how bad things could have been.
          I like Sarah already, good effort chick.
          Last edited by bobleponge; 05-02-2009, 10:19 AM. Reason: Grammar!!
          Bob Leponge
          Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Oh my Word too funny!

What a muppet, he should have left a light on.
            I of course have never done anything embarrassing at work - goes off to look for the halo smiley.

And if you believe that......
            Last edited by janeyo; 05-02-2009, 01:20 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

What sort of office doesn't have a 'phone???
              All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
              Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                One in Sudan???

Comment

Originally posted by Rhona View Post

Tip no 3. Oh Lord no, on second thoughts. It's too excruciating to recall. And no-one except me would be daft enough anyway.

WELL........??????

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

see if i'd been locked in the office, i'd just curl up and go to sleep, then pretend i'd come in early for work

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                      Just what I was going to say! And if there was a phone that only connected for use on site, doesn't everyone (nearly) have a mobile? Bob I think you should suggest to him that he has your phone number and vice versa just in case. If you go missing over the weekend we'll know that your boss locked you in in retaliation
                      My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

couldn't he have emailed someone??

Comment

Ether that or he's being beaten by a fruit [reference the melon thread].

Oh Bob - you do make us laugh with these scrapes!

Comment

Originally posted by MaureenHall View Post
                            If you go missing over the weekend we'll know that your boss locked you in in retaliation
                            Best pack a survival bag just in case...fresh goat could come in handy too!!!
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Phones? Here? There is no GSM network at all down here, and although he and I do have Thuraya's (satellite phones) they dont work indoors. Er, where he was.
                              He could have emailed anyone he liked, but only he and I have access to the email system, and I cant read my work emails after I leave the office.

He's still not speaking to me, and wont give me any of his nice coffee either. Sulky pants.
                              Bob Leponge
                              Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Can you post a piece of paper under his door saying 'SORRY'

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X