Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barlaston Allotments Problem and a warning!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we didnt need planning permission for our portacabin on our allotment site, its council land therefore it was not required. Oh and have your AGM behind closed doors, away from prying eyes.
    Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

Council land needs planning just like anybody elses land.

Our allotments are self managed but owned by the council and we had to jump through the same hoops an anybody else to get planing permission for our composting loo. and thats a very small room compare to a portacabin.

The councillor sounds full of his own self importance.
      Last edited by pigletwillie; 05-02-2009, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pigletwillie View Post
        Council land needs planning just like anybody elses land.

Our allotments are self managed but owned by the council and we had to jump through the same hoops an anybody else to get planing permission for our composting loo. and thats a very small room compare to a portacabin.

The councillor sounds full of his own self importance.
        we have loo and portacabin, NO planning permission!!!

Comment

A porta cabin might, or might not need planing permission depending upon location and other circumstances, but any structure that does, will need to get it irrespective of wether it is in council owned land or not.

Our toilets will be on council land, they needed permission, we got it via the usual planing application process, that was granted so now we are applying for lottery funding to build them.

Comment

I am now wondering whether it is legal oour portacabin being there, its on council land and was brought to us, toilet was installed 2 years ago and we didnt get any planning permission........

Comment

Just spoke with our planning department, he said that councils have discretion where allotments are concerned

http://www.farmgarden.org.uk/ari/doc...ldersguide.pdf

he also said that PP was not required for structures being used in conjunction with allotments, ie portacabins, he put my mind at rest phew......

Comment

We wouldnt need it for a cabin, but the dunny they decided did need pp, Something to do with the local plan, It all sounds a bit communist to me lol.

Comment

lol councils!!!

Comment

Update - things are hotting up!

I have been told that the borough councillors comments were recorded in the meeting. Anyone can comment on our planning app, no matter where you are in the UK, so please do support if you can by going to Barlaston Allotments Association - If any press / GYO mag wants to get in contact and publish something then please PM me.

Once again many thanks for your comments
                    Last edited by Steve(spt); 06-02-2009, 01:50 PM.
                    My plot is on this site!

Comment

I have sent them comments and an email, supporting you, hope it helpsxx

Comment

Hi Steve

Being rude to a Borough Councillor is NOT a legal objection. You could contact Planning Aid, which is a voluntary group made up of local authority planners who work outside of their own local authority providing help, information and even support with submitting your planning application. The service is free to community and voluntary organisationsand it may be that they can help you over the phone, if not they will visit you and go through any applications or objections with you. I've always found them really helpful and of course they know their stuuf, because they are administering planning applications all day every day in their real jobs. See link below Planning Aid - free advice and support on planning issues
                        'May your cattle never wander and your crops never fail'

Comment

Sorry, if you go onto their contacts page, think your area would be covered by the West Midlands office Planning Advisor

Sandra Newton
                          Unit 319, The Custard Factory, Gibb Street, Birmingham, B9 4AA
                          Tel: 0121 766 8044
                          Mob: 07975 649784
                          E-mail: wmcw@planningaid.rtpi.org.uk
                          Available: Monday - Friday

Mind, my geography is cr*p, so just check first!

Comment

There is another way to get round this particular councillor. Go to the Councils web page if they have one. They should have a code of conduct. I would make a complaint regarding his behavour to the standards committee. All councils have to work to their constitution.
                            The fact that he gate crashed your AGM and then got miffed and is looking for retribution should be enough to formulate a complaint, as elected members have to work to the same code of conduct most council employees have to work to.

Give it a go, you have nothing to lose but alot to gain. It may also teach this individual that to hold public office you treat the electorate with respect.
                            http://herbie-veggiepatch.blogspot.com

Updated 23rd February 2009

Comment

P.S

Also if this Councillor is on the planning committee, I would request that he is removed as he obviously has a conflict of interest. Elected members have to declare any interest that they hold in all matters that are part of cabinet papers up for debate or decision on any committee.
                              http://herbie-veggiepatch.blogspot.com

Updated 23rd February 2009

Comment

...and you can always get a petition up from members of your allotment association and present to the Local Authority, because under the new legislation 'Have Your Say' Local Authorities now have a statutory duty to take seriously any petition they receive which wasn't always the case before! ...come the Revolution! haveyoursay.communities.gov.uk

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X