Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ETA: edited to add...

My fave is XOMG

Which is a screamy child screaming 'Oh My God' in a sarcastic voice as loud as they can.

Comment

Aaah!Makes total sense now....you wouldn't believe how many times I've tried to suss what the estimated time of Arrival had to do with a post!!!...Cheers!
      the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Originally posted by miffy View Post
        These are some expressions i have had to have explained to me by my 17 year old so i can understand what he is saying sometimes!
        newb - new gamer
        poned - killed straight away in a game
        epic fail - totally stupid mistake
        nub caik - total idiot
        Whatever! It is like a whole new language, i really don't understand half he says to me anymore.
        There are alternative spellings, newb is frequently written n00b and poned is frequently written pwned, it's all part of the l337 (pronounced leet, as in Elite) sub-culture within the on-line gaming community.
        There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

I know one or two norty ones.
          CHINA
          NORWICH
          GYKO
          PORG
          Last edited by bubblewrap; 03-02-2009, 06:27 AM.
          The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
          Brian Clough

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
            I always thought LOL meant Lot of Love and it used to freak me out the fact that some people put it on emails until OH explained it could also mean Laugh out Loud, never heard it mean Lots of Laughter though.
            I think it did originally mean lots of love and I was also confused when people started using it in what I thought were odd situations.
            pjh75

We sow the seed, nature grows the seed, we eat the seed. (Neil, The Young Ones)

http://producebypaula.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post
              CHINA
              NORWICH
              GYKO
              PORG
              I'm intrigued..... must have led a sheltered existence as I can't begin to guess what these are.
              pjh75

We sow the seed, nature grows the seed, we eat the seed. (Neil, The Young Ones)

http://producebypaula.blogspot.com/

Comment

CHINA
                NORWICH
                GYKO
                PORG
                Well I can work out what the 3rd one is, and I assume the others are... comparable?????
                Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

'There are alternative spellings, newb is frequently written n00b and poned is frequently written pwned, it's all part of the l337 (pronounced leet, as in Elite) sub-culture within the on-line gaming community.'
                  Thanks for that HOTSTUFF i told you i can't get my head around how him and his friends talk, i am sure he would be mortally embarrassed i can't even spell it let alone know what it means, my education continues.
                  Last edited by miffy; 03-02-2009, 11:15 PM.
                  When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Just remembered another!
                    BURMA !
                    Brian Clough

Comment

Just remembered another!
                      BURMA !
                      OK so give us a few clues (there must be less rude ways of saying something similar enough that we can work it out)
                      Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Originally posted by Hilary B View Post
                        OK so give us a few clues (there must be less rude ways of saying something similar enough that we can work it out)
                        Not saying .............................................Yet!
                        Other(older) grapes MUST have heard of these before.
                        Last edited by bubblewrap; 04-02-2009, 11:43 AM.
                        Brian Clough

Comment

The NORWICH one is really bugging me as I know somewhere in the muddle that is my brain,I know it!!!
                          the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Just remembered another!
                            BURMA !
                            Yes, I know BURMA - and NORWICH and can guess GYKO, but can't get the others.

As for LOL etc - I'm just learning this and some others today, reading this thread.

It's great to learn some abbreviation meanings, the thread is very enjoyable, so much so that I've

ROFL - ed for so long,
                            I must now
                            GFAP

Thanks everyone
                            My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

I'll give you one as it is one a friend & myself came up with.
                              PORG - Person of Restricted Growth.

My first wife(4' 11") said she had a LSB Low Slung Bum.
                              Brian Clough

Comment

Originally posted by andi&di View Post
                                The NORWICH one is really bugging me as I know somewhere in the muddle that is my brain,I know it!!!
                                PM-ed you. That's a Personal Message.

LOL.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X