No announcement yet.

I'm about to be vetted

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go Piskie, Go piskie, Go piskie *said whilst stirring a huge imaginary huge pudding.

If CPL person is looking over your soldier, Go, on, pleeze. Piskie and Snowdrop are really good peeps and they will love any pussy you let them have.
    A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

How did it go?
      Happy Gardening,
      Shirley

Comment

Bet if you showed them your lovely garden & your piccies of your happy old puss Charlie they'd be won round! Hope the 'vetting' went O.K.
        Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Is this real? Do they really discriminate because your OH is in the services? Haven't they heard of pet passports? You could probably take your cat just about anywhere you're likely to be posted now, except perhaps war zones, and I'd imagine you wouldn't be going along either in that case. No wonder they're always complaining they have so many cats needing homes. Good Luck, Piskie.
          Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

basically they discriminate against anyone that has a road near their house .... so not just service personnel lol OH tried to get a cat from them, but as he lives in a terraced house and only has a back yard and theres a mildly busy road (theres a school on it, so parent's picking kids up in cars make it busy twice a day) 5 streets away they wouldn't let him have one.

Comment

CPL lady has to report back to them with her findings, she says 'it shouldn't be a problem' ....so no idea really at this stage
              aka
              Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by bluemoon View Post
                Is this real? Do they really discriminate because your OH is in the services?.
                It is real and yep they really do!

It seems someone (another service bod) took this very issue to the papers a couple years ago - clearly it hasn't helped remove this bad practice
                aka
                Suzie

Comment

Sounds quite promising then Piskie, at least she didn't say 'no chance!'
                  Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

does sound promising, they told OH no chance when they visited.

Comment

she was way more 'thrilled' by the fact that she had to pass a man with a gun it seems they (in the GuardRoom) said to her 'oh, you are going to see my Boss' wife' ... ROFL
                      aka
                      Suzie

Comment

Well, lets hope the man with the gun scared her into not daring to say no!! Soooo we have to wait even longer to find out ... at least she didnt just say no honey.
                        Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

made me laugh when she said 'usually I stand by the road and count the traffic for 10 minutes' .. I said 'not many cars at all here but they (kittens) may try to swing off the rails of the helicopters'
                          aka
                          Suzie

Comment

Does it have to be from the CPL? I know of a couple of rescue centres near me who obviously vet prospective owners, but who are quite happy as long as you have an enclosed garden/yard and reasonable commitment to the animal. My daughter adopted a beautiful dog at the beginning of the month, the 'home check' was basically to prove that they had a secure garden as in the past people have claimed to have and it's turned out that they lived in a high-rise flat. Perhaps there's something similar near you? One of the best locally to us is run by half a dozen ladies, who are now getting on in years, the money all comes from pennies in collecting tins, but the kindness and care they show the animals they rescue is wonderful. Our daughter's dog didn't come from them as they saw 'the right dog' on another charity's web-site, but then fell in love with a different one when they got there, however five years ago we adopted our boy from the old ladies and certainly haven't regretted it. There are loads of smaller rescue organisations around the country and most of them are actually grateful to find good, permanent homes for the pets in their care.

Pleased you didn't get an outright no though.
                            Last edited by bluemoon; 30-01-2009, 04:33 PM.
                            Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by bluemoon View Post
                              Does it have to be from the CPL?.
                              No, not at all - it just seemed the obviously place to start looking for a rescue cat and then I came up against this saga of 'service' being an issue.

I have told her that I am investigating other areas, so if I have found kittens myself before they decide on me - well so be it
                              aka
                              Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
                                No, not at all - it just seemed the obviously place to start looking for a rescue cat and then I came up against this saga of 'service' being an issue.

I have told her that I am investigating other areas, so if I have found kittens myself before they decide on me - well so be it
                                see that's the bit that baffles me ..... if they don't let you have one you're gonna get one anyway, so may as well rehome a rescue cat with someone who wants it and will love it, and give it a lovely home, than having them sat in a cage for months on end ... it does make me cross

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X