No announcement yet.

When will it End

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry I have to say this but I blame the PC brigade.
    The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
    Brian Clough

Comment

Non of us can blame the police in my opinion.

It is unfortunately a sad fact of life and one that will go on forever.

Sorry, but the fact is there has always been and there will alway be thugs that want whatever and they will get it by whatever means possible,, the only way forward is if we all go out armed to defend our selves and our property, like thats going to happen.....(god forbid).

We all have to accept that there are bad ones and there are good ones, we choose what we want to be, and we choose how to deal with the opposites...

Bet I have upset some people now, but I dont really care, it is a fact that no matter how much we all talk about it sweet !!!! !!! will happen..

YES todays news was horrific, and I do not like to see it or even be known as part of a society where this happens,, so what do we all do then ?????,, we can not keep blaming the government, the police,, or anyone else,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, well a bit controversal to some I guess but maybee we should look at ourselves and see how we bring up our own children..... maybee if everyone done that like I am sure we all do on the vine, then the rough ones would not exist ?,, anyhow rant over,, no feedback required
      Last edited by Chillimad; 30-01-2009, 08:50 PM.

Comment

We have become the 51st state and kids are emulating the gang culture they see in movies, on film, in games. They demand 'respect' and don't actually know the meaning of the word.
        As the mother of a teenage son, i worry every time he goes out. Him and his friends are lovely lads, really hard working, look out for each other and are no trouble but they have run into gangs that have tried to pick fights with them.
        What has happened is awful and this seems to be getting more and more common place, i see how disaffected children are, you can see it at three would you believe.
        They have no positive role models in their lives and these gangs become their crew, their families.
        It really is tragic.
        There is no quick fix answer to this, the world is getting more and more violent, i know so many people who are working so hard with young people and their families and they have some really positive stories to tell and then you hear something like this.
        Truely tragic and such a waste of a young father's life and his poor family.
        Last edited by miffy; 30-01-2009, 09:03 PM.
        When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by miffy View Post
          We have become the 51st state and kids are emulating the gang culture they see in movies, on film, in games. They demand 'respect' and don't actually know the meaning of the word.
          As the mother of a teenage son, i worry every time he goes out. Him and his friends are lovely lads, really hard working, look out for each other and are no trouble but they have run into gangs that have tried to pick fights with them.
          What has happened is awful and this seems to be getting more and more common place, i see how disaffected children are, you can see it at three would you believe.
          They have no positive role models in their lives and these gangs become their crew, their families.
          It really is tragic.
          There is no quick fix answer to this, the world is getting more and more violent, i know so many people who are working so hard with young people and their families and they have some really positive stories to tell and then you hear something like this.
          Truely tragic and such a waste of a young father's life and his poor family.
          That is something that I also thought of, maybee,, only maybee if the movies were censored more and the correct enforcement was taken so that under agers could not witness the violence in these films,, mybee just maybee that would be a start ??, blimey when I was young the only weapon I know of was a pea shooter,,
          Last edited by Chillimad; 30-01-2009, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Or a potato gun! I agree totally, my son and his friends play games where the sole aim is to blast people to kingdom come, they laugh whilst they are doing it they are totally de sensitised to this. I never let him have guns as a child or even action men, he is a kind sensitive soul and wouldn't hurt a fly in real life and then spends his spare time trying to wipe things out!! Nurture or nature?
            The only problem is some kids see this violence and then emulate it because they don't seem able to see the difference between fact and fiction, in a game you just re programme and start again, that aint the case in real life you knife/shoot someone the blood is real and you can't re boot them once they die.
            I certainly feel some movies are so mega violent, when you look back at old films they didn't rely on the gore and violence for the story line. Trouble is the line has been crossed. We have gone to see films which are PG rated and parents take little children in to see films which are totally unsuitable, and so the cycle begins!
            When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by miffy View Post
              Or a potato gun! I agree totally, my son and his friends play games where the sole aim is to blast people to kingdom come, they laugh whilst they are doing it they are totally de sensitised to this. I never let him have guns as a child or even action men, he is a kind sensitive soul and wouldn't hurt a fly in real life and then spends his spare time trying to wipe things out!! Nurture or nature?
              The only problem is some kids see this violence and then emulate it because they don't seem able to see the difference between fact and fiction, in a game you just re programme and start again, that aint the case in real life you knife/shoot someone the blood is real and you can't re boot them once they die.
              I certainly feel some movies are so mega violent, when you look back at old films they didn't rely on the gore and violence for the story line. Trouble is the line has been crossed. We have gone to see films which are PG rated and parents take little children in to see films which are totally unsuitable, and so the cycle begins!

Ohhhhh so true, and I bet you are like me and wont let your children out of your sight,,, well don Mr or Mrs,, grand to see ther are still some of us left

Comment

One point you need to add is that the bloke was killed on London Road Croydon outside Lidl.

If you have ever been passed there you stand at least a 50/50 of being killed. Its like the Gunfigtht at the OK Corral. Thats during daylight....I wouldn't dream of going there at night.
                My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Really ? that was never mentioned was it ??.
                  Last time I was in croydon it was a quite respectiful town,, that was about 10 yesrs ago though mind,,,,,,,,,,oh how things change

Comment

I know, there are areas in our town which during the day seem to be ok but you would not go there at night. However some people don't have a choice over where they live, poor beggers and they have to try and get on with their lives it is totally scary to think that kids are growing up with this level of violence around them, day in day out in 21st century britain so much for blessed progress.

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                      What's wrong with compulsory National Service?
                      This was my quote somewhere else on another thread of equalness - I was 'told' 'how can we put these scum on Afgan/Kabul/Etc'

My view was and is - let these little f***wits see frontline and then see how they cope/behave on their return!

Currently we are running our Servicemen out 'there' at a rate of 6 months in every 18 months - please take a moment to think about that and how you would feel in that situation!
                      aka
                      Suzie

Comment

Short and simple,, thread title " When will it end" ?... simple answer,,, it won't,, Unfortunately
                        Last edited by Chillimad; 30-01-2009, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Has anyone seen "A Clockwork Orange" came out in 1972 it makes one think!
                          The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                          Brian Clough

Comment

Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post

One of my favourite films, I have it on DVD, a prophetic indictment of modern society, but was it too stylish to be taken seroiusly?
                            Last edited by HotStuff; 31-01-2009, 12:01 AM.
                            There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post
                              The book even more so...

Comment

It is truly yet another tragic waste of a young life, and an awful start for the daughter who it happened in front of.
                                I agree to some extent with Chillimad, "When will it end?" Never!! Crime has existed as long as humanity has.
                                What can we do about it? Thats the real question, more power for the police? Definitely. Even arming the police? There is ample evidence for it, but one only has to look across the pond to see the escalation in criminal weaponary to deal with police firearms.
                                Better sentencing, definitely. Capital punishment for absolute proof of guilt? I would happily take the risk. Its not a deterrent, death rows in the States are full to bursting, but it does ensure the perpetrator of the crime doesnt do it again.
                                National service? No! Quite simply, no. Even within todays forces rights exist, perhaps for the better. A young thug forced into the military system will never adhere to the rule of law, will be uncontrollable to a point where he will be sent somewhere quiet to affect as few people as possible, before being evicted back onto the streets having done his mandated time. Even if he spent the entire period of time incarcerated in a military prison, physical violence could never be used against him, and he would serve his time in a system he knew well, with perhaps a bit more hardship than he was used to, and it would have served no purpose at all.
                                Why should we force the nations scum onto a professional military, to try and turn them into respectable human beings? Surely the root cause comes from an earlier age?
                                I agree, our forces are being sent away for 6 out of every 18 months, I remember it very well from only a few years ago, but nobody forced me to be a soldier, in the same way that nobody else forces todays military to do their job. I chose to be there, thus obeyed the rules because I chose to be in the military system. A violent street thug is only afforded the respect he craves because he has a gun of some sort and the vast majority of others dont. This individual will never follow the rules imposed by the military system as he doesnt want to be there in the first place, and he can simply choose to protest.
                                There will be some who will turn out for the better, there is clearly no doubt. Those who are on the fringes of turning bad, those who are desperate for a better life than from whence they came, (I actually count myself as one of these, I was in borstal as a young lad for various misdemeanours, before finally being told by a youth judge that if he saw me again I would go to an adult prison. After 3 months in borstal I realised it wasnt the life I wanted, kept out of trouble for a year, and joined the army) but those will have to "want" to change their lifestyles, not to have someone change it for them.
                                What is the answer? I dont know. The governments of the day can wring their hands and make proclamations, but I feel sure a much greater degree of parental responsibility, and a collective will to stand up to these people, by giving evidence if needed etc, would be a step in the right direction.
                                Here endeth the rant, apologies to any/all that I have offended.
                                Bob Leponge
                                Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X