No announcement yet.

Thwarted Franglaise?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to hear your plans have to change, at least you know now. All the best for the future
    WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Oh thank you for your supportive words, and all those hugs!! I'm sure if it was supposed to happen, it would have run much more smoothly, so we're confident that, for now, it's worked out as it should. The Flobalobs were struggling with learning the language a bit, anyway..... X

Comment

Glad you are sticking to this side of the channel for a bit longer Wellie, but huge hugs for you both for things not having worked out as planned.
        Kirsty b xx

Comment

Oh big hugs from here too - to both of you.

I know how excited you were when you first came back from your visit to France and it must be soooooo disappointing. But at least, as others have said, you have made a decision and are not just waiting for things to happen. And you have SUCH a lovely house and garden at Holly Cottage (see - I read your blog regularly!).

PS And it did mean you ate everything in the freezer!
          ~
          Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
          ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

We didnt get here til we retired.....hope you get here eventually.....but now is not a good time.....keep the dream on a back burner..........
            http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...gs/jardiniere/

Comment

Ohhh Wellie darlink .... good for us cos it means we can come back to the absolutely adorable and wonderful Holly Cottage again, but a bummer for you in having to shelve your dream. But remember -it is only shelved, not gone away, and your time WILL come and be allll the better. Now is just not the time to be selling houses, or moving to France, so you'll just have to get on with the english moon and grow alsorts of yummy interesting stuff here instead!

BIg huge [[[[[[[hugs]]]]]]]]] for you, Trousers, BC and the flop'a'lobs too.
              Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Everything is guided by fate, and you are fated to stay here a while longer

Eventually in years to come fate may decide it's time for you to move to La Loire and maybe that time will be when you get a decent return on your pound and economically is more viable anyway - subject of course to whether the Euro weathers the storm and is still a currency.

It sounds like you are already in a beautiful place anyway
                Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

What a pity - it all sounded so wonderful too. At least, having made the decision, you now are more settled in your mind about what life holds in the near future. It's awful when you can't decide what to do or if something's worth starting. If it's meant to happen - it will happen at a better time.

Love and hugs from Aunty Flum
                  Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

It's a shame you've had to put your dreams of France on hold Wellie but, as far as I'm concerned there is nothing worse than huge levels of uncertainty in your life. At least now you know what you are doing for the forseeable future - getting on with your own lovely life at Holly Cottage.

Now is not a good time for buying and selling property. At some time in the future you might want to think about it again. Or you might just decide life is fine where you are.

Whichever way, hope it all works out for the best for you. x

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

frances loss is our gain.......and at least youve got a decision and your not in limbo....as others have said you can get on with your planting plan now
                      The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

Wellie daaahlink, what can I say.

Have a large one and then GET THAT SHED DRIED OUT.

Tomorrow, get down the lottie & make it "just so".

I'll be round later to check.

Best wishes to you & Trousers, whatever you do.
                        Always thank people who have helped you immediately, as they may not be around to thank later.
                        Visit my blog at http://podsplot.blogspot.com/ - Updated 18th October 2009
                        I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/

Comment

No Hit-Men Then ?

Phew! No-one has private messaged us to send round 'The Heavies'!
                          What a lovely surprise!

Actually, with everyone's gorgeous well-wishes, I'm feeling really fantastic now. There's absolutely NOTHING like a GROUP HUG, and to be perfectly honest, this Grow Your Own Grapevine Forum has always been the very best Hug In A Mug material? Thank You. Honestly. X

With everyone having expressed their own sentiments, there's either a Parrot in the room, or you're all on the very same truth drug!

Trousers and I are no way 'backwards in coming forwards', I promise you.
                          We have been very well aware of what's been happening in the current market, and of the implications for ourselves, which is actually just why we've made this difficult decision.

Footnote: Piglets. Don't expect Wellie to give up 'Big Bed' anymore when you come visit for Trousers's Birthday?
                          You're sleeping in the Guest Room from now on, and 'Like It' !
                          Can't WAIT for that Bear Hug Piggie. X

Seriously, thank you. Your hugs and well-wishes have made a huge difference. They've convinced me that I've actually made the right decision.

Comment

Sorry - coming into this thread late, but I echo what others have said. I've looked at Holly Cottage blog a few times and think it looks Heavenly! You're staying (for now at least) in a wonderful place. It's very disappointing for you, but you seem to have a wonderful onwards and upwards attitude, that will carry you through to the next adventure! x
                            I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

Big hugs to all of you. I read your blog too and think Holly Cottage is the most wonderfull place... I get a warm fuzzy feeling when I read about your life and see the beautiful photographs. Especially on a rotten rainy day like today xx ((((((Hug))))))))

Comment

Sorry about your shattered dreams but, its only temporary.
                                When I first started reading your blog and saw the pics of the lovely place you lived, i wondered how you could leave it.
                                Keep in mind how lucky you are and enjoy the extended time before you move to France.
                                Hope you both have a great growing swason.
                                Keep us all posted.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...