Child Tax Credit

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child Tax Credit

If you had a child under the age of 16 between April 6 2001 and April 5th 2003 you can claim up to £1000, its not been well advertised but the closing date for claims is 31st January 2009.

Go to www.hmrc.gov.uk/forms/11ctc.pdf

Hope this helps a few people out.
    Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

I think this has been mentioned before AL
    http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ids_24699.html

Comment

Oh i didnt know lol, oh well at least peepos know, I am always last to know lol, DID anyone get any money back?

Comment

Sorry if I'm being thick here, but have never claimed any benefits. Unfortunately my hubby can no longer work due to long term illness and we've really struggled over the past few months. My business has now been put on ice so to speak and I'm back working full time for someone else. My kids are 12, 14 and 19, (though I realise the eldest probably doens't count as a dependant any more) Does anyone know if I would be able to claim anything apart from child benefit and where would I start.

Comment

Thanks for the reminder!

Nope- almost...but not quite entitled to it!
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Novice Gardener View Post
            Sorry if I'm being thick here, but have never claimed any benefits. Unfortunately my hubby can no longer work due to long term illness and we've really struggled over the past few months. My business has now been put on ice so to speak and I'm back working full time for someone else. My kids are 12, 14 and 19, (though I realise the eldest probably doens't count as a dependant any more) Does anyone know if I would be able to claim anything apart from child benefit and where would I start.
            I would contact your local Jobcentre plus and ask them, they can advise you better. You should be able to find it on Yell.com the UK's local search engine - search for United Kingdom businesses Good luck and I am sorry to hear of your hubbys illnessx

Comment

Thanks allotment lady, he went to the jobcentre yesterday as that seems to be the place where they also deal with benefits, but after waiting over 2 hours to be seen, he was given a phone number to call to make an appointment to see an advisor. He's finding it hard as he doesn't even know what benefit he needs to claim, and has never even stepped inside a job centre before. He called the number to be advised he was number 34 or whatever in the queue and his call would be answered "shortly". I can't go with him as I now have to be in work full time but he's just giving up as he can't cope with it all.

Comment

Thanks allotment lady, he went to the jobcentre yesterday as that seems to be the place where they also deal with benefits, but after waiting over 2 hours to be seen, he was given a phone number to call to make an appointment to see an advisor. He's finding it hard as he doesn't even know what benefit he needs to claim, and has never even stepped inside a job centre before. He called the number to be advised he was number 34 or whatever in the queue and his call would be answered "shortly". I can't go with him as I now have to be in work full time but he's just giving up as he can't cope with it all.
                Ring the local citizens advice centre and make an appointment, they can help him with dealing with the benefits issue. Make sure he has notes about Income, expenditure and the like, best to be prepared.

Comment

Thanks for your advice, I just don't know where to start.... will give the CAB a call tomorrow.

BTW, am coming up to Chorley next month to see my sis.....not sure why I mentioned that....... but thought I'd let you know!!! LOL

Comment

well let me know and we can meet if u like :-)

Comment

ooooo, that'd be lovely, would love to have a cuppa and a nosey at your lottie

Comment

LOL ooooh a visitor to the lottie, will have to run and tidy up lol

Comment

Best you do, cos I'll be taking piccies to post on here as evidence!!! LOL!!

Comment

You may qualify for Child Tax Credits NG.

You can find out and/or apply here:

https://www.taxcredits.inlandrevenue...axCredits.aspx
                            I was feeling part of the scenery
                            I walked right out of the machinery
                            My heart going boom boom boom
                            "Hey" he said "Grab your things
                            I've come to take you home."

Comment

Best you do, cos I'll be taking piccies to post on here as evidence!!! LOL!!
                              Ok xx Let us know how you get on.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X