No announcement yet.

not good :(

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lynda - you've given it your best shot. Time to get rid of that rabbit by whatever means. Ans soon.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

I think I mentioned before, that my sister and I acquired a vicious female rabbit from neighbours when we were kids. We wore thick gloves when we cleaned her out, and did one side of the hutch at a time, with her barricaded in the other.

Unfortunately, I can't remember what happened, I think she died of old age as she was elderly when we got her. But I do remember my Dad telling us to let her go, and that she would be happy living in the fields with all the wild rabbits.

It's just a thought... she could have a better life than being caged, or being euthanised.
      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

I know I'm going to get branded as 'heartless', but...
        Get. It. Put. To. Sleep.
        For heaven's sake! It's a bloody rabbit!!! They stick a needle in it, it drifts nicely off to sleep, it doesn't wake up. It's not like it's a beloved companion! It's a psychopathic lunatic, with a taste for blood. Why would you even ASK anyone else to take that on? Especially some animal charity, who's income will be declining with the economy, who won't be able to re-home the nasty git, so will be stuck feeding it and being savaged for years...

I'm sorry, I just don't get it... If it was a dog, it would legally have had to be put to sleep by now...

Comment

Nooooooooo!!! Don't give up on psycho bunny! Whats the matter with putting the rabbit in a rabbit hutch? Easily made, no bother to anyone and one happy bunny!
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
            Whats the matter with putting the rabbit in a rabbit hutch? Easily made, no bother to anyone...
            I'm pretty sure it has a hutch Snadger, and every time Lynda opens the door, to feed it or whatever, she gets savaged...

Comment

Originally posted by FionaH View Post
              Any one for pie?
              I am appauled by this post....such poor taste.

STEW....thats what you do with Rabbit...with lots of leek and potatoes.
              My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Originally posted by FionaH View Post
                Why would you be bathing the cat?
                he must have been sat under a leaky car and came in covered in oil

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                  I think I mentioned before, that my sister and I acquired a vicious female rabbit from neighbours when we were kids. We wore thick gloves when we cleaned her out, and did one side of the hutch at a time, with her barricaded in the other.

Unfortunately, I can't remember what happened, I think she died of old age as she was elderly when we got her. But I do remember my Dad telling us to let her go, and that she would be happy living in the fields with all the wild rabbits.

It's just a thought... she could have a better life than being caged, or being euthanised.
                  she was barricaded in the bed end, but decided she didn't want to stay there ..... wild rabbits will not accept a domesticated rabbit, despite what watership down said ..... and she will have no concept of how to dig burrows, and would either die of cold or get eaten by a fox, don't think that's fair either

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
                    If it was a dog, it would legally have had to be put to sleep by now...
                    i guess i just hoped something could be done .... but i guess that's a good point.

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                      Nooooooooo!!! Don't give up on psycho bunny! Whats the matter with putting the rabbit in a rabbit hutch? Easily made, no bother to anyone and one happy bunny!
                      she has a hutch in the hallway, unfortunately i cant feed her without getting attacked, i can't get her out without getting bitten, and i can't just leave her in a hutch for ever, she'd go stir crazy, she needs exercise, unfortunately letting her out is a dangerous pursuit i can't just let her in the house cos she attacks me, can't let her in the garden cos sh'ed escape, and i'd never catch her again....... i'll send her to you by bunny post if you want to save her that bad

Comment

Well, it's female and stroppy.

In my experience (being female and stroppy lol) it's probably hormones. So you're going to need time and money to try various cures, medicinal or herbal, and both will be expensive, and not guaranteed to work. Although it is very possible that she was roughly handled and hurt or injured, as a youngster, so is defending herself 'just in case.'

I appreciate you don't want to put her down, I know I'd feel the same, but she's not happy and you're not happy. Why not call the vet for advice, or Google your local bunny breeder and ask them.

At least you've got the sense to discuss this, and not just palm her off on to some unsuspecting person else like her previous owners did.

Good luck Hon, and keep us posted.

Comment

Originally posted by NOG View Post
                          I am appauled by this post....such poor taste.

STEW....thats what you do with Rabbit...with lots of leek and potatoes.
                          yeah sounds yum ..... but i still cant bash her over the head.

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                            Well, it's female and stroppy.

In my experience (being female and stroppy lol) it's probably hormones. So you're going to need time and money to try various cures, medicinal or herbal, and both will be expensive, and not guaranteed to work. Although it is very possible that she was roughly handled and hurt or injured, as a youngster, so is defending herself 'just in case.'

I appreciate you don't want to put her down, I know I'd feel the same, but she's not happy and you're not happy. Why not call the vet for advice, or Google your local bunny breeder and ask them.

At least you've got the sense to discuss this, and not just palm her off on to some unsuspecting person else like her previous owners did.

Good luck Hon, and keep us posted.
                            thing is, i got her at 12 weeks, the previous owner had her from 7-8 weeks, and she was like it then, so i don't think it's hormonal, the hormones don't kick in quite that quick with baby bunnies

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
                              thing is, i got her at 12 weeks, the previous owner had her from 7-8 weeks, and she was like it then, so i don't think it's hormonal, the hormones don't kick in quite that quick with baby bunnies
                              True. I have heard it's common with females - other than the one stroppy female we only had fellas. But it's still got to be worth a couple of 'phone calls. Failing that let her go free, she'll probably be fine in a burrow with a litter of babies.

Hope you're not too injured.
                              Last edited by Glutton4...; 17-01-2009, 12:12 AM.

Comment

i've had stroppy female rabbits before, but never anything like this, she's more than just stroppy, she actually seeks things out to hurt them ..... ie me ....... i'd probably get locked up when she goes and kills a cow or starts sheep worrying

it bloody hurts, and is a bit gooey, but i'm sure it will be fine eventually ..... once it stops looking like i slashed my wrist

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X