Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
    Jammy git!
    No matter how many piccies or whatever style I use!
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
      No matter how many piccies or whatever style I use!)
      and
      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

The new fees are much higher than they were unless you get a discount on the fees by selling a lot, our ebay shop went from about £50 to £350 per month

Its 5p to list a book or similar in a media catagory, but its 10p minimum in the others, plus the commision of 9% for media catagorys or 8.75 for the others.

The shops are now a minimum of 14.99 a month for the basic one, then 49.99 for the next and then theres 349.99 a month for a anchor shop!

It used to be cheaper to list if you had a shop, now its 20p minimum as a normal catagory and 10p for the media catagorys, If you sell loads of things, you can work it out it sometimes costs less to get an upgrade shop , feaured shop listings cost 5p and anchor shop at £350 per month and you get the 20p per item down to 1p.....you need to sell a lot to make it worth while though!

If you have your own webspace you can host your own pictures and paste them into listings for free, the pictures used to be 12p extra using ebay, now they charge per 10 days , get a 30 day listing and the 12p goes to 36p , maybe more than 12p before it multiplies.
        Last edited by starloc; 17-01-2009, 02:22 AM.
        Living off grid and growing my own food in Bulgaria.....

Comment

Still haven't found a downside of Auctiva...........and it's free!
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

thanks very much, looking into auctiva
            Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

Agree with Snadger, I use Auctiva and havn't had any problems, style templates are good, can vary templates for marketing, postage etc.
              (Its vinyl records for me)
              Geordie

Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure

Comment

OK Geordie, Snadger, anyone else who knows - I'm showing my ignorance here, but how come Auctiva's free? Is it a part of eBay?

Why do I get a Malware warning when I try to access their site? Why do they ask for my eBay password?

Lots of questions, I know, but I have a suspicious mind lol!
                All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

I have signed on to auctiva, have you any idea how i can transfer my existing auctions to it?
                  Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                    OK Geordie, Snadger, anyone else who knows - I'm showing my ignorance here, but how come Auctiva's free? Is it a part of eBay?

Why do I get a Malware warning when I try to access their site? Why do they ask for my eBay password?

Lots of questions, I know, but I have a suspicious mind lol!
                    Auctiva is not part of eBay. Parts of Auctiva aren't free but it will let you know which ones. the majority IS free. They probably use pop ups but if you've got a popup blocker........no problem.
                    They need your password and eBay trading name to verify who you are when listing on eBay or when editing a listing I presume. You can list multiple piccies for free because they appear to list them as a single photo.
                    Style templates are brilliant and completely free

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by allotmentlady View Post
                      I have signed on to auctiva, have you any idea how i can transfer my existing auctions to it?
                      Don't think you can..........they need to be listed through auctiva I think? If you've set up the scrolling shop it may kick into your existing listings though. If not you can edit them and add the html code for the scrolling items.

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I love ebay i think it is like a gigantic car boot sale all in my spare room .
                        How some people make money out of it i do not know I am a Stamp Collecter have been for years and i buy a fair few stamp's of ebay .
                        I have bought quite few lot's for a Penny it is not my fault they set a low start price and nobody else bid's just this week i had a package of Jamacian stamp's (54)from from Qv to Qe2 post and packaging 30p with 2 second class stamp's on envelope they must have money to throw away.
                        so i think ebay is majic the only problem is i now look where it is comming from i try to keep away from any thing that is comming through the East of england mail centre that place is haunted thing's go in there and don't come out again for week's ....jacob
                        What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
                        Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

Originally posted by jacob marley View Post
                          I love ebay i think it is like a gigantic car boot sale all in my spare room .
                          How some people make money out of it i do not know I am a Stamp Collecter have been for years and i buy a fair few stamp's of ebay .
                          I have bought quite few lot's for a Penny it is not my fault they set a low start price and nobody else bid's just this week i had a package of Jamacian stamp's (54)from from Qv to Qe2 post and packaging 30p with 2 second class stamp's on envelope they must have money to throw away.
                          so i think ebay is majic the only problem is i now look where it is comming from i try to keep away from any thing that is comming through the East of england mail centre that place is haunted thing's go in there and don't come out again for week's ....jacob
                          I always start my listings at 1p Jacob!

Swings and roundabouts I suppose?

You lose out on quite a few but the ones that take off make up for them.!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I always start my listings at 1p Jacob!

Swings and roundabouts I suppose?

You lose out on quite a few but the ones that take off make up for them.!
                            It is a pitty you do not sell stamp's Snadger i might buy some of you then....jacob
                            What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
                            Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

Snadger really is the fountain of all knowledge!
                              Tori

Comment

Originally posted by Tori View Post
                                Snadger really is the fountain of all knowledge!
                                Not really.......I've just got a bedroom full of books and OH wants the bedroom back! I need to get rid of these (before my head gets a permanent impression of a rolling pin embedded in it!) and if no one wants them for a penny I chuck em in a box and sell them as a job lot!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X