Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shhh...but I think Spring may be starting!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is this "sun " you speak of?
    There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. Don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it in your future.

Comment

silly man..tis wot makes you squint when driving along!!!!.....
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Buds on the currant bushes, chives are still looking ropey, fuschia plant on the kitchen windowsill has put on some new growth.
        Kirsty b xx

Comment

All this plus Baroness Vadera is seeing green shoots too, it must be spring!
          There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

Yes, the chives are coming back now, the bluebells, crocuses, daffs and tulips are all showing through the soil too.

'my' blackbirds are getting frisky. I just sat on the doorstep for 5 mins in the frost laughing at the new game. Normally I have 2 males & 2 females (last year's babies with their parents). They all come down when they hear my key in the door, waiting for their raisins.

They normally all chase each other off - nobody has dominance, they all fight each other with a lot of clucking.

Today, there was an extra female (with a broken tail). She is looking enormously fat, and she was the dominant bird. The male allowed only her to feed before him, and he ferociously chased off the other females.
            She sat on the ground while he was up on the fence, and out came this wonderful trilling song. She did it again and again, running into the flower border quite coquettishly as she sang.

Must be spring.
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

aww,thats lovely two sheds,makes you feel all nice inside,i yet have to go on a look around our garden,we still got snow,but a bit near a path in a more sheltered bit,i noticed the crocosmia?? new shoots under the debrie,i leave it until about easter befor i tidy up,so it gives nature safe places,or am i wrong.
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

We had a lovely sunny day to start with yesterday but turned to rain for a bit and a very slight snow shower, today is dull and wet. My chives have been up for a while now as well as bulbs. I need to have a good tidy up in my back garden it is looking very sad. I have an everlasting wallflower that I am going to take cuttings from and dig the old one up as it is too big now. More cold weather to come so will wait a while to do any major cutting back.
                Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                and ends with backache

Comment

too much snow to really tell but the daffs are coming through. Just keep thinking a month from now could be digging again. cant wait

Comment

We have the odd daffodil in flower, lots sprouting through the soil and snowdrops at home.

Comment

Snowdrops and hellebores in flower here

Comment

The perishing bluebell are coming up! In my raised bed!
                        Mad Old Bat With Attitude.

I tried jogging, but I couldn't keep the ice in my glass.

Comment

The birds here certainly seem to think it Spring has sprung. The hazel catkin thinggies are out too.
                          Tx

Comment

The bulbs are all well up and some of the Clematis are breaking into leaf.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                              Had a little inspection of the veg and herb bed- and guess what.....the chives have started to grow again!!!!

Must be the bit of warm sunshine we had at midday for the past couple of days that's kick started them.
                              Also Bertha is definitely nesting- she's been sat on 2 eggs ( and a wooden one) since Sunday!!!!

Getting a bit excited now- so best get on with the ironing to calm me down

Has anyone else got fruit/veg/herbs taking a peek at the world???
                              Whispering: Please send some spring to us as its freezing and still white outside Getting fed up of the white stuff now) Want to see the grass.
                              http://herbie-veggiepatch.blogspot.com

Updated 23rd February 2009

Comment

I was out in my garden today. Chives, lemon balm, oregano, hostas, clematis, bluebells, ornamental grasses, ferns, sedums, hydrangeas all sprouting, plus a few more

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X