Shrek 3
    All the Monty Python Films
    Rat

British by birth
    Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
    http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

Nobody has mentioned Crocodile Dundee or Mannequin!!! sHEESH! Where WERE you guys between 86-88?!?

Some Bond Films would have to go in there. My favourites are Live and Let Die and View to a Kill (1975 and 85 respectively).

For weepability, Philadelphia, Goodnight Mr Tom and The Green Mile. Oh and Watership Down.

Also love Forrest Gump, Top Gun (it's those bums), Dirty Dancing, Roadhouse...any Wallace and Gromit films...

Have shamelessly copied and pasted these from Mrs Dobby!

The Dam Busters
      Schindlers List
      Last of the Mohicans
      Dances with Wolves
      Titanic
      The Craft
      The Lost Boys
      The Italian Job (original)
      Silence of the Lambs, Hannibal
      Good Morning Vietnam
      Young Guns
      Carry On Cleo, Carry on Follow that Camel, Carry on Screaming
      Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Monty Pythons Life of Brian
      LOTR - saw all three, but needed a bum transplant after the last one!

Oh and Day of the Triffids. So bad it was a timeless classic!

Comment

I hate, loathe and detest sci-fi/fantasy books or films, so I really don't know how I ended up with Terry Pratchett as my favourite author, or 'Time Bandits' as my favourite film.
        Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

We went to see Australia last week, that was spactacular and OTT and Nicole Kidman does play her part tounge in cheek at times which is quite funny.
          I have walked over the bridge over the river kwai -its quite scary, lots of gaps and trains coming right at ya (you have to time it so you're at a pedestrian 'cage' when the trains come).

Comment

cass pennant , im in the film !

Comment

Ye Gods, how could I have forgotten Its a Mad Mad Mad World, or Its a Wonderful Life???? Or the Pirates Trilogy, or even The Thing, or Rocky Horror Picture Show!!! Aaaargh! This list is gonna be endless!! lol!
              Blessings
              Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
              Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
              Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
              On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

I'm not a film watcher, tend to only watch factual type stuff, but sat on planes often I have nothing else to do, so films while away a few hours.

Fave "factual" film A Bridge Too Far (historically reasonably innacurate but as an ex para it has its moments)

Fave "non factual" (as has been in lots of lists already) Shawshank Redemption.

Also highly recommend Hotel Rwanda
                Bob Leponge
                Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Oh I forgot L'Homme du Train! Not to mention Amélie!

Comment

What a great list so far - I suddenly feel the need to watch half of them again!

Has anyone watched the old B&W, Twelve Angry Men? I think it has to be my all-time favourite.

I also love Together, which is Swedish I think (no, not that kind of Swedish movie HeyWayne, before you ask )
                    Resistance is fertile

Comment

I don't watch many films either, but there's a few I'll happily watch over & again;

Harold & Maud
                      Fistful of Dollars, Few Dollars More (any Clint Eastwood spaghetti western )
                      The Jerk
                      Shawshank Redemption
                      Toy Story
                      101 Dalmations (original, not ghastly Glenn Close thing!)
                      National Velvet
                      & International Velvet
                      Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
                      Last edited by SarzWix; 13-01-2009, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Oi!

Besides - Swedish films are so last century. It's the Bulgarian films now....

I've just thought of The Colour Purple, Do the Right Thing, American History X, The Bunnies Picnic, Forbidden Planet, Hero...
                        A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Hard Candy, Juno...
                          A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Pretty much anything with Tom Hanks/Sandra Bullock in, Tom's because he is such a strong and versatile actor and Sandra's because she is gorgeous. I aslo like "Wonderful Life"

Camsdad

Comment

Harold and Maude... blew me away when I first watched it aged about 12. I'd love to see it again some day.

Comment

Originally posted by Marthaclematis View Post
                                Harold and Maude... blew me away when I first watched it aged about 12. I'd love to see it again some day.
                                Harold & Maude [1971]: Ruth Gordon, Bud Cort, Vivian Pickles, Cyril Cusack, Charles Tyner, Ellen Geer, Eric Christmas, G. Wood, Judy Engles, Shari Summers, Tom Skerritt, Susan Madigan, John A. Alonzo, Hal Ashby, Edward Warschilka, William A. Sawyer,

I bought it for the OH last year, it's his favourite movie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X