No announcement yet.

Much Needed Hilarity

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His brilliance with the spoken word aside, should you be interested in why the great man(?) made some of his decisions, have a look at a book called "America's Secret War." I cant remember the author as I have lent a mate my copy, but it did slightly restore the faith I have in the world's leadership.
    I have always hoped that we didnt elect idiots, that the people in charge of us were actually competent and capable, and this book does actually lean the balance Bush's way, even though only slightly.
    Very interesting read if you have an interest in world affairs and events.
    Bob Leponge
    Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

see now i think old bushie just acts dumb ...... really he's highly intellectual and dead brainy and stuff ..... he co-exists with fish ..... he must be

Comment

Originally posted by bobleponge View Post
        His brilliance with the spoken word aside, should you be interested in why the great man(?) made some of his decisions, have a look at a book called "America's Secret War." I cant remember the author as I have lent a mate my copy, but it did slightly restore the faith I have in the world's leadership.
        I have always hoped that we didnt elect idiots, that the people in charge of us were actually competent and capable, and this book does actually lean the balance Bush's way, even though only slightly.

Amazon.com: America's Secret War: Inside the Hidden Worldwide Struggle Between America and Its Enemies: George Friedman: Books
        Vive Le Revolution!!!
        'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
        Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

For an opposite point of view(Anti Bush) try reading this.
          Imperial Ambitions/ Failed States/ Hegemony or Survival... By Noam Chomsky
          Last edited by bubblewrap; 08-01-2009, 10:57 PM.
          The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
          Brian Clough

Comment

Cheers Bride, I really recommend it for easy reading of American and therefore current world policy.
            BW, The book isnt at all pro Bush, it just gives the reasons why some decisions, that the mere mortals of the world like myself dont understand, are made. Some of it is complimentary to him (staggeringly) whereas other bits are totally scathing. But its open and honest.
            I read the Chomsky book, and the thing that it failed on for me was that it was written primarily as an anti Bush book, and anything else it was trying to promote was just added in as and when. Too vitriolic and passionate to be read easily.
            Those were my thoughts anyway.
            Bob Leponge
            Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

I thought of Chomsky when Bride mentioned the Secret War book. I agree in part, Boble, though his criticism of Bush has reached a far wider audience than anything else he's written it seems(!) Don't know if it's put you off completely or if you've read any more of Chomsky, but some of his other books are definately worth reading, in my humble onion.
              I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

...p.s. Just reminded myself of the thread title "Much Needed Hilarity" and I've just posted about that laugh-a-minute slapstick Chomsky... Threads don't half evolve...
                I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                  Or throw your shoe at him..................
                  Which reminds me...

IRAQ HAD SHOES ALL ALONG, CLAIMS VINDICATED BUSH - The Daily Mash

Comment

Originally posted by SlugLobber View Post
                    *wanders off giggling...

I'll go back to that site for a laugh later SlugLobber,cheers
                    See that's what this thread was meant to be about - I don't want another political discussion!!!

Comment

Sorry Sarz

*wanders off all chastened and everything*
                      Bob Leponge

Comment

Sorry Sarz

*wanders off all chastened and everything*
                        I should think so, tsk, tsk, tsk.....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X