Restore my faith in humanity!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restore my faith in humanity!

I'd just like to say that the grapevine really restores my faith in humanity. It is lovely to read and chat to so many nice people. Always on hand for advice or a cheerful (sometimes sarcastic) comment here and there.

I go to Switzerland quite alot and there everyone always says good morning/hello even the kids that you pass in the street! My friends who live there always leave their cars and houses unlocked and her young children walk to school by themselves. Its a real shame that doesn't happen in England anymore.

The grapevine is a last vestage of thegood old days - well done grapes
    xx
    Tori

Im afraid in England if you leave yr car house unlocked your insurance would be void. If children walked to school on there own the parents would be prosecuted for neglect and if you say hello to the children you will be accused of being a pedophile. Such is the UK to day. I now will probably be arrested for printing anti nanny state )

Comment

Sad to say it's all very true!
      My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Yes - I think i'll move to switzerland
        Tori

Comment

Thats why we all have allotments ) Its the only place we can slip back in time and loose ourselves in our world of creativity Roll on the spring with the bursting of the first few buds

Comment

Originally posted by Tori View Post
            Yes - I think i'll move to switzerland
            only problem is it's even colder than here.... on the positive side, they proberbly don't have as many slugs..
            Last edited by RedThorn; 06-01-2009, 10:36 PM.
            Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Here here - well said plotman (and aptly named)
              Cheers!
              (not that I'm on the wine or anything)
              Tori

Comment

Oh tori dont do that. Thats the problem, All the normal nice people are leaving and whats left is creating this monster called Multicultural state, where everyone is promised the earth and no one receives anything

Comment

true red thorn - but it is very pretty and you can ski!!
                  Tori

Comment

I'm too poor to move there anyway - what with the pound being rubbish at the mo
                    Tori

Comment

No you cant Tori, You cant ski a thing till the snows stops and the wine wears off lol lol

Comment

I'd just like to say that the grapevine really restores my faith in humanity. It is lovely to read and chat to so many nice people. Always on hand for advice or a cheerful (sometimes sarcastic) comment here and there.

My friends who live there always leave their cars and houses unlocked and her young children walk to school by themselves.
                        xx
                        And why is that.....

Its because every household has a gun. When you finish your national service you take your gun home with you.

If we had that over here...ok there would be a bit of bloodletting for a few weeks then it would be back to the good old days.

At preset the only people with guns are the Crims and the Security that protect the Trators on the banks of the Thames.
                        My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Hic, hic burp

Comment

true red thorn - but it is very pretty and you can ski!!
                            but can you yodle (sp?)?
                            Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Noooooo! I'm really goood after a glass or twoo
                              Tori

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X