X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the thermostat remote?
    Where is it placed.
    Do you have thermostatic Rad Valves?
    Is it a combi boiler (doing hot water as well as heat)?
    If so is the setting on the front of the Boiler turned up to the full on the Heating Part.

A modern boiler should have no problem in geting the house up to 25%.

The radiatiors should be too hot for you to keep your hand on....are they?

It may be worth checking that they have put in the right size boiler.
    My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

it was -4.5 in tadley this morn but that was bout 9am and it was -2 this aft! refusing to go outside now till work tom!!!!

Comment

I don't have a lot of faith in the in-car thermometers, but for what it is worth, mine read -9 at 08:30 this morning.

Camsdad

Comment

Only -0.5 here today, but expecting it to be a lot lower over the weekend, i work in a very very large warhouse (800,000 sq foot) and it was colder inside the building than outside!!
          Life isnt about surviving the storm.....But learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

Originally posted by NOG View Post
            Is the thermostat remote?
            Where is it placed.
            Do you have thermostatic Rad Valves?
            Is it a combi boiler (doing hot water as well as heat)?
            If so is the setting on the front of the Boiler turned up to the full on the Heating Part.

A modern boiler should have no problem in geting the house up to 25%.

The radiatiors should be too hot for you to keep your hand on....are they?

It may be worth checking that they have put in the right size boiler.
            By remote thermostat do you mean something that's controlled by a handset? It's a dial thing on the wall in the back hallway, sort of at the bottom of the stairs
            No, not got thermostatic Rad Valves
            No, not a combi boiler - I wanted one but they said they weren't supplying them unless I was to pay the full cost!
            I left the settings just as the engineer left them. Just had a look at the front of the boiler and there's a dial thing divided into 6 from minimum to maximum. It was set 2 dots above minimum so I've turned that to maximum.
            The radiators are nowhere near too hot to touch, wish they were!!

Warmfront did the work as I qualified for a grant towards heating and insulation and that was the company delegated to do the work, so I had no choice really. The work did come to more than the grant so I had to pay the excess. I've only got 5 radiators so I should imagine that even the smallest boiler would cope with those.

Thanks for your advice, if you can think of anything else I'd be really grateful

ps Since I started to type this post and turn the dial thingy on the boiler, the radiators are now REALLY HOT!!!! Thank you so much
            My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

a balmy -5 here an hour ago
              WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
                perhaps the cold snap will also kill of some of the bugs and viral infections thats been doing the rounds
                I do hope so. I've come down with what feels very fluey and I'm sharing my misery.
                Incidentally, car thermometer said -7 at 9am here cos I still had to go out feeding chooks cos OH wouldn't do it for me.
                Kirsty b xx

Comment

Originally posted by MaureenHall View Post
                  By remote thermostat do you mean something that's controlled by a handset? It's a dial thing on the wall in the back hallway, sort of at the bottom of the stairs
                  No, not got thermostatic Rad Valves
                  No, not a combi boiler -
                  See it's not just me ....... however all mine are on full lol .... but we aren't getting into that again

Comment

Originally posted by kirsty b View Post
                    I do hope so. I've come down with what feels very fluey and I'm sharing my misery.
                    Incidentally, car thermometer said -7 at 9am here cos I still had to go out feeding chooks cos OH wouldn't do it for me.
                    i would definatly share your misery with OH,and go on constantly how unwell you are ,i'm luck,got a good un,hope you feel beter soon,when you passed it on
                    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

according to the Met, Benson was the coldest place in Britain last night at -12
                      aka
                      Suzie

Comment

Well I wasn't cold in my house last night thanks to NOG Dunno what the temperature is outside but it didn't feel too bad when I trotted down the garden at 7.30 with breakfast for the chooks
                        My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

sooo pleased you got it sorted out maureen,nothing worse than being cold,2 years ago we had a complete new system in,and is hard to get to grips with what makes what tick,after compaining about,timer being to complicated,and our heat not consistant,the boss is coming out this morning to see for himself,we have been compaining to the service man,and nothing done,so i am now on the path of,sort it,or,
                          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Have a full day of gardening work outside planned, mostly tree/shrub cutting, wish me luck...

Comment

Dont know how cold it is outside, just that its b****y freeeezing, I dont have to go out till this afternoon so will stay in the warm, left the heating on all night so we are really toastie. Still no snow here though.
                              Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                              and ends with backache

Comment

-11 this morning- and -8.5 in the garage

( I wonder what the minimum temperature is that the car thermometer can go down to???)
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X