On the B list?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
    Why do you think OH and me just sneaked off to the Register Office on our own, and told everyone afterwards!

No presents, but no expense and no arguments. I have to say, no regrets either.
    see now i always said if i ever get married, i'm gonna book a holiday, get married on the first day, get it all video'd, then when we got back, get a room in a big pub, send out an invite for everyone you know, make a few egg butties and sausage rolls, have the wedding vid on a big screen, they can buy their own beer ........ and cos it's your wedding party, you still get prezzies ...... so all in all the only cost really is the holiday you were gonna go on anyway

Comment

I voted B. It sounds like you don't want to pay for the hotel and it's a long way away. Is there not a local B and B you can use away from the venue?

I agree that it's not very nice being on a wedding 'B' list, but at the end of the day weddings are expensive and more often than not are more about politics with some families, so not everyone can go. If you want to go, research other accomm options, if not, then I vote B.

Comment

A or B depending on whether you want to go or not! C is a bit much. It is hard with big events and everyone wanting certain people there/trying to accomodate numbers etc.

It's life that you'll be some people's A list, and other people's B list. I really wouldn't take it personally. I would be gracious about the invite whether you go or not.
        I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

I guess you could always be grateful at not being a "c-lister".
          A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by Alice View Post
            I think Glutton has said it - it's as simple as that.
            I agree! Maybe they were waiting to find how how many family could make it, before sending out the friends-of invites. Try to take it at face value, they've thought of you and they want you to be there if you can make it.

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

I'd be really pleased to be invited to be honest

There are always number restrictions on most events and not to be considered to be one of their bestist friends wouldn't bother me- at least I'm liked enough to be top of the reserve list!!

It's happened on a couple of occasions to me- one we were invited to a week before ( and we had a superb time) and the other we were first reserve and missed it cos everyone could make it. Both were weddings with about 20 - 30 peeps and we were thrilled to be considered to be in the top 30ish after relatives ( who can be darned annoyed if excluded) and closest friends.
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I am close, (but not as close as I thought )family. Never mind. I'm pretty much OK now, it was just last night, and OH's reaction didn't help.
                I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
                Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

When we got married, my folks paid. My mother spent months telling us that it was HER party to celebrate OUR marriage. We split the list between my family, husband's family and our friends (not a fair and even split). My mother insisted on inviting people I had never met. Only when some of these dropped out (probably because they didn't have the gall to go to the wedding of someone they didn't know!) could we invite some of the friends that were missed originally.

What was really cheeky, was when we were invited to a flash wedding in London, we arrived and were told that we could go to church and the evening do but not the 'wedding breakfast' bit in between!!! We weren't the only ones, and had far more fun in the pub instead. Worked out to be a jolly expensive church service though.
                  Tx

Comment

For our nuptials in July, we only have a limited number of seats for the ceremony, so if any of our families' can't make the ceremony for whatever reason (some have quite a way to travel and have young kids), 'their' places will be offered to our friends instead, and will be offered to those who we know best anyway. All our friends knew that was how we were doing things, and none have been offended (that I know of).
                    Steve and I planned to pay the whole wedding ourselves, but have since been told both sets of parents are helping out, which we are very grateful for, as well as his sister paying for our disco as a gift, but none of them have tried to tell us how to do things.
                    Choice A for me.
                    Kirsty b xx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X