Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you keep in your 'gardening' bag?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got most things in the shed, but we always take water or coffee to drink and some sugar burst nibbles ( or packed lunch if there for the day)
    Also plastic bags to bring produce home ( always seem to run out in the shed)
    Mobile phone
    Oh..and allotment keys!!!!(yep- they do get forgotten from time to time)
    Money for a take-away on way home if utterly knackered!

In summer we usually take containers of water to top up the water tubs- but for the past couple of years we've hardly had to bother!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Insect replellent. I can guarantee if I don't have it I'll get the biggest bites. In the summer there are always loads of tiny but fat black flies. They might be samll but they pack a might punch - or should that be bite!

Also mini radio for 5 live. Tried an ipod but nearly papped myself when neighbour walked up behind...
      http://plot62.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
        HAIRBRUSH?????????
        LOL yes I mean I have to look my best when dealing with the veggies lol
        Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

I must admit if I am going to stop at asda on way to lottie I wear my jeans and change in the shed, if however I am going straight to lottie I put my lottie clothes on at home
          Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
          and ends with backache

Comment

lottie bag

Started off with a little hessian bag with a cereal bar, bottle of water, some string by the end of last year it was a blue ikea bag full of all sorts of 'essentials'.
            I have just wittled it down again as i nearly dislocated by arm carrying the damn thing and this is what is in it now.
            A dibber, hand fork and trowel, some string, my grandads old pruning knife, some wet wipes and plasters, flask, wolly hat, gloves my radio.
            I am going to try and stick to the little bag but have a feeling it will morph into that monster blue bag again as i get stuck in!!
            When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Not having read everyone else's list (I'll read those in a minute), my bag has:

Sunscreen
              Hair elastic
              Sunglasses (when I remember)
              Packet of twine
              Trowel and small fork
              Former kitchen knife (nice sharp serrated one that I am not precious about - and I am about kitchen knives)
              dibber
              slug pellets
              packet of tissues
              muesli bar
              bottle of water
              Travel pack of babywipes
              mac in a sac
              plastic bags (for produce or DD's cone collection!!)

I try to remember to put in the little radio but forget more often than not (it's used in the spare room as well), and some fresh fruit also (again, hit and miss). We don't have a shed so I have to bring everything everytime (although I have been able to leave a watering can, old 2 l bottle, and some netting under a sheet of corrugated iron in the past few months). But I also have to drive, so it's not that bad!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X