No announcement yet.

New Year Resolutions...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smokin's only good for one thing - kippers. Gave up years ago after smoking since I was 16 on and off. One thing I will say, if you don't really want to give up, you'll never do it.

As for resolutions, I don't make them.
    A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

My mother says if you were intended to smoke you would have been born with a chimney in your head!
      The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
      Brian Clough

Comment

For all those who wish to stop smoking!
        Brian Clough

Comment

Originally posted by farmer_gyles View Post
          i've kinda made resolutions in the past - i've given up the fags, got fitter, got the house done up etc - the only one not fulfilled is the girlfriend one so won't bother with that one this time round
          this coming year:
          I will put more effort into the fruit and veg and be a lot more organised (veg plot)
          i will put more effort into learning french
          i will lose the stone or so that i put on after giving up the fags (veg plot)
          i will get fitter, maybe join a gym with my son, tone the body up (veg plot)
          i will do a bit more work again to build the business up a bit
          i will eat more healthily(veg plot)
          i will get the garden sorted out properly (veg plot)
          i will give up the search for a girlfriend
          i will book holidays more than 7 days before i go!
          If i think of anything else, i'll add it later .......
          Five of the answers are in the veg plot...............
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I think my resolution this year will be not to make any more resolutions!

If I give much more up I may as well become a monk!
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I haven't made resolutions for years, but having read the thread here I think I'll make some this year.

The first should be to decide on something - I'm sitting here thinking, what will I give up/take up/improve/work at - I think if I could resolve to do one thing and do it, I'd be making a good change. I spend so much time thinking I'd like to do this or that and never doing it.

So I resolve now to make at least one New Year's resolution.

Only... I can't think of any...
              My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

I dont make any resolutions. I think next year I will try to be tidierat home, get done at the lottie what I planned to do when I took it on, Decorate the house and tidy up the garden.
                Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                and ends with backache

Comment

Originally posted by jackie j View Post
                  I dont make any resolutions. I think next year I will try to be tidierat home, get done at the lottie what I planned to do when I took it on, Decorate the house and tidy up the garden.
                  Ditto! ..................Almost!
                  Brian Clough

Comment

To make sure I log onto the Vine on a regular basis! My life has been rather haphazard over the last 12 months so haven't been able to! Hey! Happy New Year to everyone! Hope to catch up with you all in the next few weeks! Bernie aka DDL
                    Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Whats your new years resolution?

My new years resolution are 2 things.....

1st Make a more concerted effort to lose more weight and exercise a bit more,

2nd spend more time with the family............

Whats yours?
                      Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                        Yup, I reckon you're about 20 minutes away. I do get to Haverhill sometimes, so beware! (I'm a messy decorator, and I usually end up coated in paint.)

I finally quit nail-biting several years ago - it's so easy. Buy those acrylic ones that stick on with super-glue. I've got short square hands, but with my 'nails' on they look great, and I get compliments all the time. Even from people who've spent a fortune in the nail parlour!

A good pair of gardening gloves, and they usually survive a day's gardening, and if they don't, there's no waiting weeks for one to grow back, just stick on a new one. I've been wearing them about ten years now.
                        You would be more than welcome for coffee and a gossip if you ever do come this way. Can't wear stick on nails for work, they wouldn't last 5 minutes.
                        Kirsty b xx

Comment

My mum and m-in law both had hypnosis and stopped smoking in one session. Never even wanted one after. Mum promised me she would stop when I had a baby and she did.

I don't make resolutions as a rule, as always feel I breeak them too soon, BUT having said that I AM going to lose a stone by Easter (always good to have a time limit on something I find), to add to the 2 I lost this year.

janeyo

Comment

I am changing my new years resolutions.

I will give up smoking
                            i will stop caring what my family think of me
                            i WILL be the person i know i can be
                            and i will grow a BIG cabbage!!!!!
                            Vive Le Revolution!!!
                            'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
                            Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

I promise to pick up one piece of litter every day ... the footpath at the back of my house is a disgrace (it's a route to school)

I promise to put together the two flatpack chest of drawers that are under the stairs.

I resolve to learn how to put up a shelf, then I can put up the shelves that are under the stairs.

Ditto pictures.

I resolve to dig up another third of the lawn without Mr Sheds noticing, and plant it with nice flowers.

I resolve not to nag him to put stuff away ... I will just leave it all on the floor, and SMILE!

I resolve to actually make something with all the fabric I have stored away in drawers.

I will decorate and tidy the spare room so people can stay over

I will have my nieces & nephews to stay more often, to give my Sis a break

I will stop wearing clothes with parrot poop on the shoulder
                              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Hmmm...no New Years resolution for me...I always break them and then have a 'feel bad' factor afterwards

And so...I'm going to try and feel good about myself, what I do, and make things better for me and those around me.
                                Every bit works eh????

Good luck with your resolutions though folks!!
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X