No announcement yet.

Dont forget to defrost the turkey

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine will be shut in the shed when I get it home tomorrow. As said by others, only place where it is safe from the darned cat!
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

We never get through the whole turkey with me being a veggie, OH's parents and my nan eating like sparrows, aunyy being dead fussy etc. Only OH and my dad who like to eat! So this year I have gone for a stuffed breast from the butcher instead. Will pick up fresh on xmas eve. Will still prob weigh about 8lb. Must get the joint of pork out theough as OH's mum and dad insist they like that instead of turkey. They never eat either so don't really see why I have to bother...

Mum left the sprouts under the grill keeping warm one year and nobody noticed til boxing day!

janeyo

Comment

LOL been there done that, although not with sprouts, i even found something defrosting in the microwave two days later, we obviously had more than enough that we didn't miss it.
        Vive Le Revolution!!!
        'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
        Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

wonders how long drumsticks take to defrost ..... hmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
            wonders how long drumsticks take to defrost ..... hmmmmm
            overnight in the fridge, .............. or in your house a week unless you have the heating on
            Vive Le Revolution!!!

Comment

Have beef this year will take it out freezer tomorrow morning
              The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
              Brian Clough

Comment

Originally posted by BrideXIII View Post
                overnight in the fridge, .............. or in your house a week unless you have the heating on
                cool, that means i don't need to defrost the freezer to get the drawers open till tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by BrideXIII View Post

................ a cellar? wine racks, space for stocks, all that equipment i could fit in...........ok, i'll stop at the wine racks and room for the turkey to defrost

* off to dream about a cellar*
                  Fred West had a cellar!
                  My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                  to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Sorry to dissapoint but my cellar is small, It has bikes and tools and small chest freezer in it plus a few shelves and I bang my head every time I go in even tho I duck. Heywayne would have to bend in half to get in. LOL. No wine racks or anything like that it also has a waste pipe that runs through and the heating pump.
                    Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                    and ends with backache

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
                      cool, that means i don't need to defrost the freezer to get the drawers open till tomorrow
                      ok i decided to do the bottom bits last night, and transfer everything to the other freezer ...... good job i did, cos the drumsticks are still frozen lol ..... but i'm sure they'll be fine by tomorrow

Comment

we are having gammon, defrosting as we speak

Comment

Defrosting as i type.

Ta.
                          Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

need to check this thread later when i get back from my mums so I remember to get the king prawns out of the freezer
                            Vive Le Revolution!!!

Comment

Nothing to defrost, at MIL's for Christmas dinner so didn't buy a turkey for the first time in years (and it would have been fresh anyway, usually picked up on Christmas Eve) and only picked up my Christmas gammon straight from the farm on Sunday so didn't need to freeze that either. Will be cooking it in about an hours time and then glazing with a lovely slightly spicy maple syrup glaze - really yummy.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

OK why didn't I read this last night? Consequently, it only occured to me on my way home from work! Luckily it's a turkey crown, so finger x-d it will be ok! Why oh why did I offer to work my day off???????????
                                Mad Old Bat With Attitude.

I tried jogging, but I couldn't keep the ice in my glass.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X