Mature cheese!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nelliegemini View Post
    Nope, OK with a beard, it's the waxed moustache I have trouble with!
    My dear auld Dad used to have one of those, bless his cotton socks, he also used brilliantine on his hair as well!
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Cheese = wrong. I can just about tolerate a bit of weak poofy cheddar if its covered in Branston Pickle. Anything worse than that I cant eat. I have tried many and various types, but Roquefort is clearly disgusting, anyone can see that.
      Whilst married to a former Mme Leponge we had been on hols in France and come back to UK with some cheeses for her. I took my car to work, in September, and went away. During that time, the packet of Roquefort that I hadnt seen under the passenger seat had got so hot that it had exploded all over the back of my car. The smell when I got back after a month of summer sunshine was too awful to describe.
      Bob Leponge
      Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

I bought 500grams of Roquefort at a French market last week I am looking forward to it with a bottle or two of Merlot!
        The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
        Brian Clough

Comment

Originally posted by bobleponge
          Cheese = wrong...
          Lol! That is soooo wrong! You will have to take 'cheese appreciation' classes. I'm sure the French will probably have some such thing for children! You could start with mild cheeses like soft cheeses and work your way up to 'proper' cheeses....mmmm baked boxes of camembert!
          To see a world in a grain of sand
          And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

What are you implying about my mental age SBP?
            Bob Leponge
            Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post
              I bought 500grams of Roquefort at a French market last week I am looking forward to it with a bottle or two of Merlot!

Now that's what I call heaven
              Do it! Life's too short

http://for-you-dad.blogspot.com/

Comment

I'm merely suggesting that the French are used to 'educating palates' of those who might not be used to appreciating the finer things in life!

Comment

But, as vile stinky Roquefort couldnt possibly ever be described as one of the finer things in life, I'm sure I wouldnt need it!!
                  Amazes me though, used to get the ex's kids friends coming round, and we could ask them what wine goes with what cheese, and the majority of them had a much better idea than we did as adults.
                  We eat to live but the French truly do live to eat.
                  Bob Leponge

Comment

Originally posted by FionaH View Post
                    At its best cheese should be mouldy and running off the plate. Yum!!

I hide mine so the boys can't eat it, but I dont have a problem, honest
                    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Brie trying to escape, can't beat it.

not a fan of strong cheeses though, can't eat anything with blue viens
                    Vive Le Revolution!!!
                    'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
                    Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Originally posted by bobleponge
                      But, as vile stinky Roquefort couldnt possibly ever be described as one of the finer things in life...

*lalalala I'm not listening!

There is one French cheese that it reknowned for being incredibly stinky, I can't remember its name. We tried it (from Waitrose) a couple of xmas's ago.....woooooo! That was too much even for us! It absolutely stank!

Comment

Originally posted by BrideXIII View Post

................................not a fan of strong cheeses though, can't eat anything with blue viens
                        No ones asking you to eat the MIL's legs!
                        Last edited by Snadger; 23-12-2008, 06:20 PM.
                        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post

*lalalala I'm not listening!

There is one French cheese that it reknowned for being incredibly stinky, I can't remember its name. We tried it (from Waitrose) a couple of xmas's ago.....woooooo! That was too much even for us! It absolutely stank!
                          My auld Dad used to like Gorgonzola.........'sweaty sock' cheese we used to call it as kids!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I can tackle most cheese but Blue Shropshire beat me it got chucked big time..jacob..
                            What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
                            Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger
                              My auld Dad used to like Gorgonzola.........'sweaty sock' cheese we used to call it as kids!
                              Pah! Tis as Chanel No.5 to Vieux Boulogne!

Smelliest cheese honour | UK news | The Guardian

Comment

i almost agree with bob ...... apart from being a cheddar monster, and liking roule on fresh baked bread ...... manky cheese is so wrong on many levels
                                Last edited by lynda66; 23-12-2008, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X