No announcement yet.

Great name

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had a client once called Mr Tutting, and Bernard the boss used to indeed, tut on the phone to him - incessantly.

Comment

Do you think there really is a zoo worker, somewhere, called Mr C Lyons??
      I you'st to have a handle on the world .. but it BROKE!!

Comment

Originally posted by terrier View Post
        Do you think there really is a zoo worker, somewhere, called Mr C Lyons??
        No but there was one called Mr L.E.Phant.
        The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
        Brian Clough

Comment

I once worked where one of the managers was called Randy Sarah. Really. (And he didn't call himself Randolph - that was his name in the directory)

Comment

Little more dull than so far,but my Dad used to work at a warehouse..one of the 1st lorry drivers to sign in was A.Driver....took a while for my dad to realise he wasn't being wound up!
            Also I went to school with a Theresa who for some bizarre reason CHOSE to marry a Mr Green!!
            the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

At my son's school, all his mates called each other by their surnames, except one. His surname was Lillicrap, so they used his first name. Most of the other lads weren't so considerate.
              I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
              Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by BarleySugar View Post
                At my son's school, all his mates called each other by their surnames, except one. His surname was Lillicrap, so they used his first name. Most of the other lads weren't so considerate.
                An aunt of mine gained that name when she married(1940s)
                When my cousin was to marry his intended made him change his surname.
                Brian Clough

Comment

I have heard of: -

Annette Curtain

& Pearl Button
                  NKP1962
                  The Allotment Directory - coming soon (watch this space!)
                  Movember - I am growing a 'tache in support of men's health

Comment

My brother/sister in law were in the process of chosing names for their impending child, chosing names for both the sexes they finally decided on Lucy if it were a girl. Nothing wrong there, until you add on their surname - Farr - thankfully they had a son.

Camsdad

Comment

Originally posted by nkp1962 View Post
                      I have heard of: -

Annette Curtain

& Pearl Button
                      Orson Cart
                      Hammond Hegg
                      Brian Clough

Comment

This thread has been on my mind for a couple of days and has certainly raised a smile or two.

Then today I had to speak to an electrician working for a company called Airflow.

Nothing wrong in that.

His name - Peter Circuit.

Gospel truth - I thought it was another Grape winding me up somehow - but no, he was a real as this post.

Seasons greetings from JA

Comment

Many years ago our mailing machine operator came tumbling out of the print room unable to speak, waving an envelope addressed to...

Fanny Petts.
                          Always thank people who have helped you immediately, as they may not be around to thank later.
                          Visit my blog at http://podsplot.blogspot.com/ - Updated 18th October 2009
                          I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/

Comment

That one is even funnier if you speak French
                            Bob Leponge
                            Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X