No announcement yet.

When do you break up for Christmas

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flowers breaks up today but at normal time 3.30pm they usually break up after lunch.
    Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
    and ends with backache

Comment

Finished today at 11.30 from the gardening job .Off to Jan 5.
      Going to wifes work do tonight No drink for me as on the way home I'll be dropped off at the lorry and then I'll be going straight to Galway for first thing in the morning . When I get home it will be just in time for the drivers work dinner (I'll miss the dinner but will be there for a pint afterwards. )
      Out on the boat to England on Sunday with 2 deliveries somewhere in the village (London)area.Should be back home on Tuesday morning and will be off until Boxing Day night when I'll be heading back out to England again.

Merry Christmas everybody
      There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. Don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it in your future.

Comment

and to you Beefy, drive safe, watch out for the other idiots though oK?
        Last edited by BrideXIII; 19-12-2008, 04:02 PM.
        Vive Le Revolution!!!
        'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
        Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Originally posted by SlugLobber View Post
          I finish this afternoon - actually I also have a Christmas lunch, so I've finished now (already shut down equipment in the lab!). I will be offline mostly over Christmas, though, as I only have my phone modem and it costs a fortune, that way. I've promised myself broadband at home in the new year, as I will need lots of gardening help, then!!
          ETA: Back in January - the 5th! Whoppeeee!!
          Have a good un

Comment

Working Xmas Eve and Boxing Day, 27th, 28th, 30th & 1st Jan.
            Usually a nice atmosphere on the ward at Christmas and my off-duty could have been worse if I worked full-time.
            Kirsty b xx

Comment

Since I started working for myself, I can no longer tell the difference between what is work and what is a holiday, its all one big holiday.
              I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

All change

Wahey, time off now.

We got the bitumen plant at 2pm and promptly started ripping oiut the old wiring ready for the plc upgrade. At 6pm whilst in Tesco's, I got an urgent call, its all off till Easter and we now need to put everything back (which will be fun).

The upshot is that now I am off from 24th December to 5th January. Wahooo.

Comment

Finished work at 5 yesterday, works party started at 10am this morning, back home by 4ish after lunch and a very quick Karaoke (no I won't stop banging on about it!), and am technically off til the 5th Jan as the my supplier/customer is Scottish and they are off til after Hogmanay, but as OH has to work (at the same place) I may dive in for an hour or two just to clear some dross off my desk.

Comment

I finish on christmas eve at about 3pm. Then in on the Saturday, back Monday to Wednesday. New years day off, in Friday. I know its confusing, but it`s our busy time at work.
                    I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Comment

Working until Xmas Eve, finish at 5, then off until Friday 2nd - excellent! OH finished yesterday back on 5th - he's promised to help out at home though. Today he helped by going fishing grrrrrr. (He just passed comment about my typing - asked if I was angry about something!!!)

To everyone working, hope you get a good Christmas whenever it may be for you.
                      Life is too short for drama & petty things!
                      So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

As school's broken up now, I'm technically off until 5th as well, but as I've been ''signed off' for a few weeks, it doesn't make much difference. I hope I'll be back on 5th, but will have to see how the physio on my neck progresses.
                        I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
                        Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working up to Xmas eve,( wed is usually my day off but we're short staffed and being part time I don't get all the bank hols,) then back in on the Monday and just New years day off, but off on leave the week after. BLISS

Merry Christmas everyone!
                          Mad Old Bat With Attitude.

I tried jogging, but I couldn't keep the ice in my glass.

Comment

I finished Uni and placement on thursday at lunchtime (wooo!) but I have a lot of work to do on my dissertation and professional portfolio so that will take up much of my time. Still from the 13th January, that will be it. Everything is handed in and finished. Just have to get a proper job for the first time in 5 years
                            We plant the seed, nature grows the seed, we eat the seed - Neil, The Young Ones

http://countersthorpeallotment.blogspot.com/
                            Updated 21st July - please take a look

Comment

Broke up on the 15 th and not back till 5th Wheeey !!! Wanted to carry some holiday over to put towards our honey moon in jan but the company said no, so took it last minute along with alot of other people and now they are complaining that they have no engineers to do call out !! Ha ha,

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeywills View Post
                                Since I started working for myself, I can no longer tell the difference between what is work and what is a holiday, its all one big holiday.
                                Now, every year up til now, that would have really pi**ed me off.

But this year, I know how it feels.

(Got no money though. )
                                All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                                Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X