No announcement yet.

Chritmas Day Starters

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chilled - then try prawn and crab (white meat) cocktail, very yummy but I adore crab.
    You could make a crab pate (brown meat)
    Otherwise if you were allowed hot I'd reccommend garlic prawns tapas style *drool
    Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

They're all having prawn something (Mr S is doing the starter)
      I'm having Nasti Spumante for my starter (I like Cava meself, but nobody else does ... they all get acid indigestion from it)
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
        We're having fois gras and caviar on toasted French bread( much cheaper to buy over here)- but spread thinly could still be very tasty and not so expensive.
        Eugh, won't touch fois gras, really not happy the way it's made.

Re starters in general, never have one on Christmas Day, so much turkey and veggies etc that have never felt to the need for more faffing

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
          Eugh, won't touch fois gras, really not happy the way it's made.

Re starters in general, never have one on Christmas Day, so much turkey and veggies etc that have never felt to the need for more faffing
          I don't agree with the way its made either to be honest, but........ i do believe in trying something before condemming it out of hand, so i did, it was YUK!!!

the only reason we have starters is cos the kids get hungry and there is invariably a delay somewhere in the kitchen with dinner , it keeps em off my back while i make whatever it is i forgot.
          Last edited by BrideXIII; 19-12-2008, 04:20 PM.
          Vive Le Revolution!!!
          'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
          Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

OH does a parsnip and apple soup. Makes it the night before then just warms it through and adds a small swirl of cream. Lovely, and as we only have it the one day of the year it's special. You need white poppy seed rolls to go with it though, nothing else seems to work.
            Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Nachos

but then again, our main meal is Veg Chilli...probably wouldn't go down too well if followed by a huge roast dinner

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X