Do you trust Royal Mail?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Large intake of breath.....

We have been having, although it has improved since my official complaint, major problems with Royal Mail.

Our post has been going to other houses, same number different street and we get other peoples mail entirely at random.

After some very important mail "was lost in transit" and after some dvd's "failed to arrrive" I put an official complaint in.

A local manager, who looked about 12, came to see me and said he couldn't understand it. He said the posties go on a 2 week training course on how to deliver mail and before it goes through my letter box the address is checked 3 times.

Once at source when posted; once at the local sorting office and finally before it goes through the letter box by the local postie.

Anyway the 12 year old manager told me our meeting and conversation "was in the strictest confidence".

The very next day, the local postie and subject of my complaint, called me a "lying, backstabbing bastard" to my face "who shopped him to his manager" as he delivered my mail. So much for strict confidence.

As I still had the 12 year olds number, I rang him immediately to complain about the posties attitude and rudeness.

The 12 year old allegedly called the postie in who of course denied what he had said.

The next time the abusive postie called we had a full and frank exchange of views on the garden in front of my wife and I told him I would photograph any mail I received which should have been delivered to other addresses.

The lesson I learned was that even if you complain - these people still have you at their mercy and I still have dvd's and cd's that fail to arrive although the ignorant, liar we used to have deliver our mail has now got another job - outside of Royal Mail I hope.

We still get other peoples mail and I still laugh at the 12 year olds belief that all mail is checked 3 times before it goes through the letter box.

Comment

Only a couple of years ago my Swedish neighbour received a letter from Sweden, the address consisted of just the town name and England. No name, street or post code. It turned out that her sister meant to check her new married name and full address, but it got posted without the details. Our postie turned up on the doorstep saying, would this be for you, I know you get stuff from Sweden? Today we tend to have a swap meet up and down the street to get our own mail back!
      Life is too short for drama & petty things!
      So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

Sorry to resurrect this, but I'm sooooooooooo angry. We collect our post from the sorting office as we've had so many problems in the past. Today a temporary postman attempted to deliver it, I collared him and told him that he should have left it in our pigeon-hole back at base. He promised that he would tomorrow. All well and good, but once he'd gone I realized that it wasn't our mail it was for next door. Our mail has gone next door. The house next door is empty as the owners are away for 6 months and haven't had any luck finding tenants. My salary cheque is due today, I only work a few hours a month so it's not a major sum, but I'm unlikely to get it now before Christmas and then I'll have to go through the hassle of getting a replacement. I accept that they have to employ temps at this time of year, but you'd think they'd at least try to get some that were vaguely literate.
        Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Let's just say our wedding nearly didn't go ahead because of Royal Mail. Despite paying extra and being given the assurance that necessary paperwork would be delivered to Scotland from Cheshire, guess what it didn't turn up. The bloke in the local Post Office was rude and unhelpful and the woman on the helpline for Royal Mail couldn't give a toss and told me I could have my postage back if it didn't turn up! Despite explaining the importance of the documents they just shrugged it off! It was only due to the quick thinking of a lady in the receipient's office that our wedding went ahead! So, no I DONT TRUST them at all!

Comment

Our postie has been in the job for years and he's just wonderful.
            All the houses round here just have names (no numbers) and some are tucked away in out of the way corners, but he knows them all and the mail always gets delivered.
            I'll be giving him a nice big boxing tip.
            But what really amazes me is that the couriers are the same. They just roll up at the door with their deliveries. I'd love to know how they do it - must be encyclopoedic knowledge of the area.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X