1970's Xmas

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coomber View Post
    I always wanted a Mr Frosty but I never got one cause my parents were really mean

This may not be the absolute truth. My number 1 daughter always wanted one, but the shops had always sold out by October. She eventually got one when we bought it in July. I wouldn't mourn too much, it was rubbish.

My own worst present of the 70s was one of those electric organs, a rough precursor of today's keyboards. They had a fan that was so loud you could barely hear the music, I had no interest in playing it, didn't know how anyway and I'm convinced that I only got it because my musically trained mum wanted it. Certainly she was the only one who ever touched it after boxing day. The best was my bike, the freedom that gave to me as an 11 year old living in the middle of nowhere was just wonderful.
    Last edited by bluemoon; 17-12-2008, 12:53 PM.
    Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

I have always claimed that I had a deprived childhood as all my mates had a "Johnny Seven" and I didn't. In reality one or two probably had them but at that age (9 - 10) it seemed like everyone. For those of you too young/old/female, a Johnny Seven was a multi tasking gun, fired bullets/grenades and had a bipod on the front, the Wii of its day.

Camsdad

Comment

Pippa dolls. Sigh. The daintiest, loveliest dollies ever. With their teeny-tiny shoes! Wish they'd bring them back...
        I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

Originally posted by Rhona View Post
          Pippa dolls. Sigh. The daintiest, loveliest dollies ever. With their teeny-tiny shoes! Wish they'd bring them back...
          If it's teenie tiny shoes you want....there's always Polly Pocket!!......I could send you my filled hoover bags & you could sift out the shoes!.......& the handbags & earings & brushes & such!!!......I do warn DD to clear away after playing!
          the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X