No announcement yet.

Chillblains - anyone suffer?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never actually had chilblains, but used to suffer badly from poor circulation in feet, until someone advised wearing Scholls. IT WORKED. I wore the wooden things all one winter, and the exercise seems to be what solved the problem. These days I wear sandals most of the time (in fact, pretty much any time I can avoid wearing wellies) and the only time me feet really suffer from cold is if they get wet (not a case of not feeling the cold, but it isn't a problem any more).
    I've also realised that is your legs are warm, all the way down to the ankles, your feet don't get cold so easily (same for cold hands, keep arms and wrists warm, and your hands cope with the cold so much better).
    Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

A quick remedy is to get an onion, cut it in two and rub the cut side on the chilblain. Repeat for a couple of days and the problem should be gone. I used this method as a child and it worked a treat. Also human urine is reputed to be very effective too.

Comment

Originally posted by jondanie View Post
        A quick remedy is to get an onion, cut it in two and rub the cut side on the chilblain. Repeat for a couple of days and the problem should be gone. I used this method as a child and it worked a treat. Also human urine is reputed to be very effective too.
        Coo! I bet that stings if the skin is broken!!

Comment

I don't remember!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X