No announcement yet.

The Flu

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have had a Very Nasty Cold for 3 weeks now - persistent cough, runny nose, sore throat etc (and then, in my case, nose bleeds, vertigo and sickness)

I passed out from coughing the other weekend, and Mr OWG found me on the living room floor. I remembered starting to cough, and then woke up with a very worried Mr OWG looking down at me.

Dr said there was nothing wrong with me, and to drink lots of water and take ibuprofen for any pain. Boss has sent me home several times now cos of my coughing, but at the moment I don't feel ill, I just can't shake my cough...

Comment

Originally posted by OverWyreGrower View Post
      I passed out from coughing the other weekend ... I just can't shake my cough...
      I had it really bad too, for weeks and weeks. I sounded like I was on 60 a day, and couldn't get my breath in between coughing fits. horrible. It's now just a phlegmy throat, but boy is it lingering.

I knew it would go in its own time, but everyone kept telling me to go to the doctor (what, and queue up with sick people? )
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I had full blown flu about ten years ago, lost three days in bed to it when I just didnt know where I was and certainly didnt realise three days had gone by.

Now I, along with half the other peeps in my office, have a really bad cold and chest. Only had it for a few days and hoping it'll clear up for christmas but it's certainly making life miserable at the mo.

To all those who have really got flu, wrap up warm with lots of whatever your preferred type of hot toddy is and sleep - that seems the best and only way.
        Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Originally posted by moggssue View Post
          To all those who have really got flu, wrap up warm with lots of whatever your preferred type of hot toddy is and sleep - that seems the best and only way.

Agreed. The fever tablets (Benalyn Cold and Flu were my choice) really do help, too. I had to top up during the night, though, as the fever pain stopped me from sleeping! Never had that before, or maybe I'm getting soft.

Comment

Flu - Yuk, only ever had it once - I ended up in hospital for a week, it was the worst new years eve i ever had

Comment

Originally posted by Digger-07 View Post
              I've had the flu jab. Had sinus / headache for 4 weeks now. The doctor says take sudafed for the congestion and inhaler to clear my head. Just hope my asthma doesn't kick in until I can breath again or I will be in a box for Christmas.

Are you OK with Sudafed and your Asthma??? Some peeps have to be careful!

chlorpheniramine, pseudoephedrine, (Deconamine, Sudafed) - drug class, medical uses, medication side effects, and drug interactions by MedicineNet.com
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                I knew it would go in its own time, but everyone kept telling me to go to the doctor (what, and queue up with sick people? )
                The only reason I went to the doctor was cos I passed out (plus the chest pain) - normally I wouldn't have gone. Of course, the waiting room was full of really ill people, and suddenly my cough sounded very weedy and pathetic!

Comment

Hi
                  Am working in a temp shop job over Christmas and I am in the middle of a horrible cold and the ethos in the shop is you're off sick for something like leprosy but def not a cold. Have been feeling like s**t, coughing and sneezing all over the poor customers. So busy I can't even blow my nose and this afternoon was sniffing desp for three hours till could go off shift for a really long nose blowing session.
                  So if you've been one of my customers a big sorry but orders is orders....

Sue

Comment

Mum, number 2 son and number 1 grandson are all very ill. Mum scared me to death at the weekend as I was convinced it was pneumonia. all three are feeling a little better in themselves today, but as OH and I have done most of the caring you can almost guarantee that we'll have it ourselves for Christmas.
                    Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

I came down with something on Monday, not sure what bug it is tho! Don't think it's quite flu; painful cough, runny nose, sore throat (can hardly speak!), sore head, dizziness and feeling a bit sick. Wish it would go away, got our work Christmas do tommorow (kart racing at Knockhill) don't want to be ill for it! Bleurgh...
                      http://jenegademaster.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                        Only had proper flu once in my life and that was so bad that I remember having to crawl from my bed to the loo and back as I was so weak I couldn't stand up. Hope to NEVER have it again! However there are some really bad colds going round, just get annoyed when people go on about these being flu, they're not nice but not flu at all.
                        This annoys me too. No-one seems to get a cold anymore it's always 'flu', but real flu is horrendous and I too have only had it once and hope to never have it again.
                        Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

I have been sneezing and snuffleing ever since i got the mom banner so look out nicos..jacob
                          What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
                          Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

OH ended up being signed off work for a month with a cough - he said it was ridiculous, but he kept passing out when he coughed, up to 20 times a day - it's got a name, something like cough syncope(?). That was in August and he's still coughing (not still passing out), but the cough hasn't completely gone yet. They've done all the tests and there's nothing nasty going on, except the cough.

Other years I've always said we needed a cold snap to kill of the bugs, but I can't blame it on that this year!
                            Life is too short for drama & petty things!
                            So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X