No announcement yet.

Fave Christmas tipple?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mulled wine, Baileys, Bacardi and coke, Brandy in hot chocolate yum.
    Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
    and ends with backache

Comment

I can't drink any more either...I do try but end up with massive headache.

So, i buy a mulled wine candle, and stick with the proper good roasted coffee.

Comment

Not liked champagne since a major 18th birthday binge!!
        But for christmas it will be a bottle of pinot during the day...followed on with a nice red once the cold sets in......then some amerretto to fill in any gaps!
        the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

The only time I buy Baileys is XMas!

Comment

If by some chance I be still awake in the evening when everyone has gone home, then a nice Black Russian (Tia Maria, vodka & coke), or Drambuie.

Comment

Originally posted by rustylady View Post
              If by some chance I be still awake in the evening when everyone has gone home, then a nice Black Russian (Tia Maria, vodka & coke)
              No!
              A Black Russian starts a good evening, not finishes it
              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

This seems like a good place to ask if anyone knows where I can buy some Portuguese brandy? Obviously I don't have the cash to go to Portugal for it (boohoo)
                Happy Gardening,
                Shirley

Comment

bubbles for me and baileys with ammaretto.
                  none for me this year though.
                  Yo an' Bob
                  Walk lightly on the earth
                  take only what you need
                  give all you can
                  and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
                    This seems like a good place to ask if anyone knows where I can buy some Portuguese brandy? Obviously I don't have the cash to go to Portugal for it (boohoo)
                    Aguardente? I'm googling, hang on ...

Comment

Here ya go Shirl Portugalia Wines

We have lots of Portugeezers round here ... working for Bernard Maffews ... and they've opened a lot of shops too. I could get you some and post it if you're desperado ..

Comment

You little star you - Madmax will have a crimbo prezzie after all THank you so much Two_Sheds, I have been googling for a year trying to find a supplier.
                        Happy Gardening,
                        Shirley

Comment

There is a liqueur we get in Spain caled 'Crema Catalana' (which is also the name of the Spanish version of Creme Brulee). Absolutely delicious!
                          They also sell a rather nice 'green-apple' liqueur which goes down well chilled. With a meal, I'll stick to the Cava, or for breakfast the 'Hilary-Fizz' (peach-and-grape juice with Cava).

If I had known you wanted portuguese stuff a week or so back I could have arranged something. My friends who have a house out there came back recently. They will be in the UK for a year now.
                          Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

I don't drink much & if I have more than one glass of anything I fall asleep! I usually have to have a glass of Baileys though every Christmas when we go to mum-in-law's with the pressies & it goes down a treat!
                            Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Hilary B View Post
                              If I had known you wanted portuguese stuff a week or so back I could have arranged something. My friends who have a house out there came back recently. They will be in the UK for a year now.
                              Murphy's law strikes again - such is always the case with my timing
                              Happy Gardening,
                              Shirley

Comment

My fav drink in general has to be black russian - but for christmas we start off with mulled wine and carols on christmas eve, bucks fizz for breakfast, a couple of gins while cooking, a lovely heady red with dinner, then port and cheese after just before falling asleep and missing boxing day!!!

I love a good port but these days its saved for a real treat only.
                                Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X