No announcement yet.

woolworths

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's rotten isn't it? Mainly the management at fault - again.

Comment

They're having a massive sell everything sale today, if you can stand the crowds and the poignancy!

When I was a kid I used to get pick and mix from Woolworths on the way home from ballet and have a look at the Barbie dolls. The only thing I recall buying in recent years is a nice laundry basket when I got my first place in Sheffield. Boring info, but my tiny homage to Woolies...
      I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

i'm not sure i can brave going there i've been filling up a bit going past when we didn't know what was happening, it will be so weird, just not having a woolies anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post
          Still wont go they have nothing I want!!
          I wandered in yesterday when I was in town for some shopping. I soon wandered out again. I agree, Bubblewrap.
          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Our Woolies was quite a nice store when it was in the market place(in Loughborough) then it moved to a new shopping arcade and became a Big"W" it was down hill from there.
            Been in once ore twice but it seems too big & trying to sell too much!
            The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
            Brian Clough

Comment

I'm going late night shopping this evening and there is a Woollies in Crawley, but to be honest, I'm not sure I'll go in, bargains or not. I'm just not sure I'll be able to look them in the eye, knowing that my Christmas will be fine and dandy, and their's won't be. I did think about buying some choccies and just handing them over to the staff, but I think that'll be like putting a band-aid on a gunshot wound.

Comment

Just had to nip into the shops for something (*winks at Lynda) and though I may as well have a look in Woolies, our store is only tiny but my oh my couldn't believe it, people elbowing other out of the way, scared that someone else might get a better bargain, I left empty handed, couldn't stand it.
                Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

I went to the one in Torquay on Tuesday came out empty handed loads of stuff there but not what I wanted. I would hate to be in any of them today its going to be mad, I bet most sell out of stock by tonight. Anything left will be what no one wants.
                  Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                  and ends with backache

Comment

I looked in ours today (market day so loads of people about), and it was WORSE than when I wen to Sunday. The queue went round the shop twice! And people were queuing for one item (madness). I soon walked out again. Wilkos was much quieter and had the same stock fr similar prices anyway.

Unfortunately it means for us that Wilkos and tesco will get the woolies trade. It is on a large site and the rents are so high I can see it being stood empty for a while. Like a lot of our shops. Or a nasty pub chain or something will move in.

janeyo

Comment

Originally posted by janeyo View Post
                      I looked in ours today (market day so loads of people about), and it was WORSE than when I wen to Sunday. The queue went round the shop twice! And people were queuing for one item (madness). I soon walked out again. Wilkos was much quieter and had the same stock fr similar prices anyway.

Unfortunately it means for us that Wilkos and tesco will get the woolies trade. It is on a large site and the rents are so high I can see it being stood empty for a while. Like a lot of our shops. Or a nasty pub chain or something will move in.

janeyo
                      popped in on the way back from docs this morning, same as saturday, prices too, nothing really decently discounted.

will leave it now see if they drop them more later.

I still wonder what they are going to do with all the stuff held at the warehouses?
                      Vive Le Revolution!!!
                      'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
                      Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Originally posted by janeyo View Post

janeyo
                        This is happening in Dorking. Shops stand empty for ages, then get taken over by some chain-store. I couldn't even begin to guess at the number of coffee shops (St******s, C***a...et al), restaurants and now stupidly priced boutiques. The Harley Store there has been empty for 2 years. Sadly, although it's my nearest town, I rarely go in, now, hence I don't know first hand what it's like in Woolies.

Comment

If the charity shops& fast food shops closed in Loughborough half the shops in town would be empty
                          Last edited by bubblewrap; 11-12-2008, 04:51 PM.
                          Brian Clough

Comment

We called in Woolworths at the weekend when we were in Lytham St Annes, walked in the door, saw people rushing round buying everything & massive queues at the tills & walked out again. It's a shame for the people who work there & also a shame because they did often have very good cheap gardening stuff. R.I.P. Woolies!
                            Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Listening to the radio earlier whilst doing the pots, apparently some of the staff are pretty upset as they have had customers having a go at them cos they think the discounts aren't big enough! Like thats their fault!!!
                              Last edited by smallblueplanet; 11-12-2008, 06:05 PM.
                              To see a world in a grain of sand
                              And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post
                                Listening to the radio earlier whilst doing the pots, apparently some of the staff are pretty upset as they have had customers having a go at them cos they think the discounts aren't big enough! Like thats their fault!!!
                                Something for nothing?
                                Brian Clough

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X